Random FWC Photos

Out in the El Paso's this past weekend for a 4x4 Class. Been curious what I can do in this truck. Turns out I can do way more than I would've thought. I was the only one with a luxurious place to camp if we needed to.

33411107305_cccff0303d_z.jpg

33028334720_10c043de50_z.jpg

Squatch said:
I love your term "luxurious". In the truck camper world the FWC is considered spartan. But for many of us compared to the ways we camped for year they are indeed Luxurious!
Yesterday I was fueling my truck-with-camper in Austin, NV, and I noticed that the Subaru on the other side of the pumps had Oregon plates, so I asked the driver where he was from...etc.
He pointed to my camper and asked if I was living in that. (Huh? :unsure: Living in it? OK...it had been 9 days since I slept indoors -- and had a real shower...but I had had a good hot soak in Spencer Hot Springs not an hour before so I wasn't quite homeless grungy :p).
The relevant punchline:
"No, I don't live in it -- just on a long camping trip", I said.
"Oh -- so just camping in luxury then...", he replied.

So, I guess it depends on your viewpoint. To a young guy camping out of his Subaru (and there were indications that he didn't own much more) I guess even a spartan pop-up can seem like luxury.

My new to me Granby on 2017 Ford 350 north of Sun Valley a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• Big-White-(small).jpg
    Big-White-(small).jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 219
We made it out and about in the Owyhee country earlier this month. Challenging conditions for both driving/camping and counting but great to explore and do a good deed for the ODFW with the annual sage-grouse counts. The new (Aug 16) Fleet has been great so far, especially on this trip with a major rainstorm one night (hence the mud encased tread) and some very cold temps at the edge of washout camp. Here's a few phone pix of the variable terrain.

Attachments

• OwyheeCamp.jpg
    OwyheeCamp.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Edge Camp.jpg
    Edge Camp.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_20170327_075044.jpg
    IMG_20170327_075044.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 265
Just a quick one from our time in Belize.

When we first started this trip, I took pics of the truck and camper all the time.

I need to point the camera at it again, it's feeling left out.

DSC05330.jpg

CraggyMan said:
We made it out and about in the Owyhee country earlier this month. Challenging conditions for both driving/camping and counting but great to explore and do a good deed for the ODFW with the annual sage-grouse counts. The new (Aug 16) Fleet has been great so far, especially on this trip with a major rainstorm one night (hence the mud encased tread) and some very cold temps at the edge of washout camp. Here's a few phone pix of the variable terrain.
post-2596-0-35895700-1493066824_thumb.jpg

Boy that last step in the second picture could be a dusy in the middle of the night. :D

CraggyMan said:
Craggy, the mud looks like no fun at all, but the grouse count must have been worth it. How many leks did you get to? Many birds?

Back
Top Bottom