Random FWC Photos

I have pic's BUT cant upload anything.. and when I try to email for help, it gets returned as bad address :/ I hit some 10 odd states last month (couple N.P.'s also)

Addie, your pics may be too large to upload. Where are you trying to put them?

The cover shot was just published in Japan, it’s our "Mini-Pop" camper.

Our dealer in Japan is currently volunteering in the tsunami devastated area helping with clean up and rebuilding. The news media doesn’t say anything about this, but our army has been helping in a big way to get the Japanese people back on their feet, and they are showing their gratitude by buying US treasury bonds to help our economy get back on its feet. Despite all the doom, gloom, and bad news, there’s a lot of good stuff going on we don’t hear about.

Attachments

• CCI20110812.jpg
    CCI20110812.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 251
The cover shot was just published in Japan, it’s our "Mini-Pop" camper.

Wow -- that's an interesting application, on that odd-looking little truck, I mean.

And yes, it's good to hear good news -- people doing something other than fighting/hurting each other!
smile.gif

Yea, they have some different types of vehicles over there.

:)

Hey Stan, is that the FWC rear awning we've all been waiting for? Or did the owner do that mod?

Hey Stan, is that the FWC rear awning we've all been waiting for?
My briefly-owned (2000) Phoenix came with a rear awning like that -- the only thing I liked about that camper!

Hey Stan, is that the FWC rear awning we've all been waiting for? Or did the owner do that mod?

Hmmmm that awning looks vaguely familiar.

Here's my "new" 1982 Four Wheel Camper taking a rest in Nebraska on a cross-country. Am checking it out and gearing up for an extended journey from the East to Oregon and down to southern Texas.82grandby.JPG

The dealer did that rear awning modification a long time ago.

The picture is dated Dec. 24th, 2007, so it has been around awhile.

It is not something that we copied.

Can remember what dealer it was though (Japan, Korea, China) ???

Tom handles most of the international sales.

I will post information on the rear awning design as soon as Tom finishes it up.

Unfortunately the project has been on the back burner for quite some time.

Pictures from one of our customers on the road.

Our customer wrote:

<<<<<<

I was at Denali National Park, yes Alaska, and when leaving in the morning after checking email at the campground registration station this is what I see.

I did not get to spend much time talking to the owner of this camper, he was working in the area and was in a little rush to get to work. He bought this old FWC used and was not sure what year it was. Although tattered and used it is still a great camper and he just loves it. Asked about the way the newer campers were mounted and the if the popup operation was still the same. He said the sides were still good and liked the ease of raising and lowering. He mentioned that his previous campers were the mechanical crank type and were a pain.

Excuse the condition of my camper but after the "Haul Road" in rainy conditions it does need a good washing, and this was after rinsing it off in Fairbanks.

Enjoy the "Old and the not so Old" pics attached.

>>>>>>

Attachments

• old and new 1.JPG
    old and new 1.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 539
  • old and new 2.JPG
    old and new 2.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 548
Here are a few pictures of my rig

Attachments

• DenisesPhoneCard 556.JPG
    DenisesPhoneCard 556.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 484
  • DenisesPhoneCard 557.JPG
    DenisesPhoneCard 557.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 614
  • DenisesPhoneCard 562.JPG
    DenisesPhoneCard 562.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 571
Awesome photos! I have been glued to the computer for the past three weeks after learning about FWC. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I hope to order in October.

But tell me .... Where are all the GM Products??? It seems as though most FWC owners put their campers on anything but GM. Any comments would be appreciated. Let me have it!

Awesome photos! I have been glued to the computer for the past three weeks after learning about FWC. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I hope to order in October.

But tell me .... Where are all the GM Products??? It seems as though most FWC owners put their campers on anything but GM. Any comments would be appreciated. Let me have it!

Us GM guys never have any problems and we know it all so we don't talk much. :)

Keep us updated and maybe start a thread with your option choices and questions? A lot of knowledgable wanders here.

Oh and welcome.

Cajita-in-the-Box.png

Cajita-in-the-Box

One of the best features of my Cajita is its low profile. Not only does this keep my center of gravity where Toyota intended cargo to be housed and does the no-cabover reduces wind resistance, but I can park the thing in my garage – front-first or rear-first. There's not enough room (for a fellow with my girth, anyway) to squeeze inside, but when I pull in front-first I have access when the garage door is up.

Can't quite pop the roof inside, which would be icing on the cake, but I expect loading and unloading will go about as well roof-down.

My adventures to date (two short overnights in the Sierra foothills) have been very tame by most folks' standards. The first was a boondock at the (obligatory) WalMart -- albeit one located on the outskirts of town, an almost natural setting; the second was in a fairgrounds RV park, about 100 yards from Highway 49. I was one of just two rigs in a large open field and survived not only the night, but a (very light) sprinkle in the early morning.
As I become more accustomed to life on the road, and as I become more fit (a major project which will take many more months), I expect to increase both duration and intensity. I'm not yet ready for hard-core camping; but I'm pleased with my progress so far.
While in Mariposa for the Tomato Festival, I visited the Forest Service office and picked up my America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass which gets me into all the National Parks free and discounts on camping and fishing and more -- for life. The theory must be that "for life" may not be for long; but my mother just passed 90 and I'm planning to stick around – if only to get my money's worth (the pass costs $10).
110924MariposaTomatoFestival.jpg

Our rig is also lucky enough to have a nice sheltered spot to stay. I guess garage doors/openings come in different sizes too!

gallery_1902_252_89286.jpg

Mr. BD, thanks for reminding folks about the Senior Pass (and other access passes for use on our federal public lands). It's a great deal when you turn 62. Many around WTW call it the Geezer Card. For us younger folks, the annual pass at $80 can still be a deal. The Lady gives enough of her time annually at volunteer efforts that she usually earns a free annual volunteer pass.

Back
Top Bottom