Refrigerators revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. My wife and I are gas hogs. I went through a 10 lb tank in 7 days on my last trip to Montana. We used our wave 3 every night and it was cold.

Apparently another argument for getting a compressor refrigerator is that absorption refrigerators can make some people crazy. Maybe the CO alarm is not working and there is a propane leak.

My MacBook has a solid state drive, but I also use external drives to store and backup photos. When I'm out for a month or more the photos I take use up a lot of space as I save RAW files. I have a 12v charger for my D800E batteries but haven't found one for my d$s, so I use an inverter for that and I also use a toaster. I know you can make toast on a stovetop but that's not the way I like it.

Not that this has anything to do with my choice of fridge technology. I have had compressor fridges for years and never felt the need to change. I have nothing against absorption fridges, but I did have a rollover accident some years back with a compressor fridge in my Defender and, other than some bouncing around in the back (the mounts broke) it didn't cause any extra damage but I do wonder how a propane fridge would have done if it was actually running on propane when it happened. As it was, I had 4 gas cans and two propane bottles on my trailer and a full tank of gas so I'm happy I didn't explode and also happy there was no open flame to aid in that.

I'm not trying to convince anyone one way or another, just relaying my experience. There is a dollar investment either way you go, and apparently an emotional investment if you choose absorption. :)

It seems this thread has reached the point where constructive input has reached an end. After conversation with the other members of the site team, we have decided to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom