Roll over couch comfort

gsw234

I picked up a hawk Shell this week. I’m loving it, but not impressed with the comfort of the rollover couch as a bed. To compensate for the wood support in the back, the foam is not as thick and I feel it’s pretty noticeable when laying on the two different sections. Does anyone know of any changes that helps this?
Do you use a camping pad on top of it?

When camping in the FWC's, I usually bring a piece of 2" memory foam to lay down.

Sleeping on the upper bed or the lower couch, I find that my hips and back need a little extra cushioning to get a good nights sleep.

PaulT said:
We find the Klymit Double V inflatable pad works great for the cabover bed. Deflate it when the top is down, else it expands greatly when gaining altitude. The stuff sack doubles as the inflator. https://klymit.com/collections/sleeping-pads?variant=31722979885146

REI carries it & Costco has them as a seasonal item.
Paul
Total agreement on the Klymit inflatable for the cabover. Might be acceptable on the rollover bed too. Took me several seasons trying out various solutions for the mattress before I tried the Klymit. I have an older eagle and wanted to keep the sleeping pads on or under the factory cabover foam mattresses when the top is clamped down. I just deflate the Klymits (two of them on the cabover) and lower the top. Klymit also has an available battery powered air pump that recharges via USB.

Back
Top Bottom