Seat Compatibility

banderswipe

Hi all, I want to change my front bench seat ,which does not recline (96 F350 XL crew cab) to a 40 20 40 bucket style seat that reclines. I don't want aftermarket seats.(7-800$ Ouch!) I would like to get used Ford seats from a wreckers. Does anyone know what seats are compatible with my truck(96 F350 XL crew )without major alterations.
I don't need any power options I am just looking for the recline feature. Somebody said that Ford made a 40 20 40 in the bench style with the 4 bolt floor fixing, which is the same as my bench now. Could it be that easy a straight swap no mods to make it fit? :eek:
I do know that the 8 bolt 40 20 40 96 Ford F150 seats do not fit, not even close,as I found out 150$ later, the floor shape is way different.
Anyone need seats for an F150. :D Just kidding I am in Ontario Canada.
I would appreciate some help as my seat budget has already been sat on. :D

Cheers,
Kevin.

Seats are more interchangable than one might think. Go to the junk yard and try them out. You may need to drill some more holes, maybe not.

My 1999 F-150 40 20 40s take 8 bolts to mount. The passenger side has the center bolts on the left side of the hump. I wish I could upgrade my 99 F-150 to leather. It has a nice set of 40 20 40s.

I have used junk yard seats in the past. Sometimes they smell bad, dead people's blood and guts, mildew from being rained on, cigarette smoke, dogs, rotten puke from the beer drinker who wrecked the vehicle they came from. Wash the seats with Tide inside and out with a garden hose and let them dry in the sun. If you can soak them in a big tub of soapy water, even better.

Hi John D, Thanks for the overkill on possible seat contaminants. If I did not have a strong stomach I might never go near a wreckers yard ever again. I think I will recruit the help of a CSI forensics expert to make sure my seats are clean or cleanable. :D
Cheers,
Kevin.
PS How is your space heater, still keeping you warm?

Hi Kevin

I think if you stick with the older body style F series pickups say from 1990 to 1996 but not F150 they changed body style in 96 I think, the seats should be an easy install, I have buckets in my crew cab, and love them, there held in with four bolts, if I remmber right. Happy seat hunting

Ben

Attachments

• 1136.jpg
    1136.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 673
  • 1132.jpg
    1132.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4,106
  • 1131.jpg
    1131.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 634
Kevin

Yes the seats are stock for my truck, but this truck is a custom, it is a 1996 f350 crew cab, but a Centurion Conversion, they no longer are in business I hunted over the internet to find this truck, the pictures posted are actully some the dealer send me, this was the newest model truck that would fit my old Keystone camper, and I like the old body style, will see if it last as long as my 1989 F250 I trade in on this truck, it had almost 400,000 miles on the 7.5 460 cid

Ben

Ben, nice looking interior. I like it. I will be looking for seats like yours.

I work on vehicles as a hobby and I have a favorite junk yard that handles only late models. I know the guys who work there. It is always a great outing to visit the junk yard. One of the young fellows who recently started working there told me he drives a lot slower now that he has been working in the junk yard and seen what is inside wrecks. Hent, if you have a speeding reckless driving teenager, make him, or her, take a summer job at a late model junk yard.

Kevin, I had to take the furnace out of my Keystone in order to replace the water pump. This is the second time I have had it out and took the opportunity to check it over again. I am impressed with the quality of this furnace. It is old but very well made. It is made from sheet metal. The people who bent all the pieces were real artisans. It is almost a collectors item, it is so well made. Should last for my life time, or as long as I keep the camper. FWCs can be rebuilt for ever.

John D

Back
Top Bottom