Shower in a FWC?

Gerdo

Advanced Member
If I do rehab a FWC. I would like to put a shower stall in it.

Is there anything that is store bought that might work?

Or do I need to create something myself?

I met an FWC owner in Victoria BC who toured his rig for me. He started out with a shell with some cool mods. One of which was a Zodi Type shower he rigged up in the middle of the Camper. He said he stood in the middle of the camper (standing in a small tub) hung the nozzle from the ceiling and away he went. He said water splashing every where was not a problem. He put the shower away when he was done. Very interesting fellow.

Tub in the middle and hang a shower curtain from the ceiling rather than committing permanent space in my book.

Seems like the right idea. We've used solar showers and now own a Zodi. It's easy to make hot water. It's hard to find a warm, non-breezy space to strip down and get wet, at least for six months of the year. The solution seems to be a pan to stand in with some sort of curtain to control spray. I know some folks use an outdoor pop up tent for this, but I'm thinking it would be better if it was inside and could disappear when not in use.

See DLN's cool shower mod HERE

Has anyone modded a Zodi to use built-in 6-volts (stepping down from 12) to avoid D batteries? Or using the built-in stovetop instead of the burner and propane canisters?

I've heated the Zodi on the stove top, but ours (Zodi Extreme, I think) is a hand pump unit.
Depending upon the air to water ratio, you have to pump up the pressure a few times during a shower. I'm not sure it would be possible to install a battery powered pump inside the unit. Maybe an inline pump?

Has anyone modded a Zodi to use built-in 6-volts (stepping down from 12) to avoid D batteries? Or using the built-in stovetop instead of the burner and propane canisters?

Had a Zodi w/ the little pump. I hooked the pump directly to 12V and it ran fine. What finally killed it was that the impeller came off the shaft, IIRC.

Now I have a demand water pump, I can just use the pump that came with the camper if I want a Zodi shower.

wet-ones-double.jpg

Sorry :D

Back
Top Bottom