Sightings thread

What do we do when someone's spouse may notice a post where that truck and camper (with their sgnificant other in it) was headed or seen somewhere they shouldn't have been?
Not sure someone would want everyone, (even if only on WTW) to know where they are. This whole sightings thread is just a little too creepy for me. ;) Being the victim of a very serious stalking case, I'm sure I am just being paranoid.

Good Camping!
Paul

Phird05 said:
What do we do when someone's spouse may notice a post where that truck and camper (with their sgnificant other in it) was headed or seen somewhere they shouldn't have been?
Not sure someone would want everyone, (even if only on WTW) to know where they are. This whole sightings thread is just a little too creepy for me. ;) Being the victim of a very serious stalking case, I'm sure I am just being paranoid.

Good Camping!
Paul
I suppose maybe "someone" shouldn't be doing things they shouldn't be. ;) I understand what you're saying tho. Being a member of a large local outdoor (fishing & hunting) forum going on 13 years, I've had people come up to me at boat ramps and on the river who knew who I was although I'd never met them. Total strangers talking to me like we were friends... I've also had perspective consultants google search me and actually ask me about things they saw online. It's a bit creepy but that is life in todays world. Because of my job, My real name is out there so I can't hide even if I wanted to. Doesn't bother me really as I have nothing to hide but I do take precautions and actively manage my online identity and what the general public can see on FB and such. My ex stalked me online...probably still does. :roll:

super doody said:
JHa6av8r, I think I spotted you on HWY 1 just south of the new tunnel before pacifica.
Not me this weekend, but heading up to explore Hwy 108 above Strawberry in 2 weeks.

I spotted I think a Hawk with a rather long fiberglass kayak on top on a goldish colored Chevy today parked in Vashon about 1:15 as we were heading to catch the 1:30 ferry to Seattle. Good looking rig.

Saw an older FWC - could have been a Ranger with wings - on a 1st gen Tundra. This was in Placerville, CA on Sunday morning around 0830.

Saw a late model silver Tacoma this morning with I think an older Eagle on it heading south on Enchanted Parkway in Federal Way, Wa. It went into the 76 station down in Milton. Anybody here?

On the way back from Kennedy Meadows today a little after 3 pm, a black Ford F150 with a Hawk was ahead of us on Hwy 120 out of Oakdale. Lost sight of him in Tracy.

Thought I was looking in the mirror around noontime on Colorado 145 above Dolores on Sunday as a silver Tacoma(?) with an FWC was headed north into the mountains as I was on my way home. I waved :D

First ever sighting of an FWC Eagle in St. Paul on Pascal St. crossing I94. It was on a silver Tacoma 2nd gen. Looked brand new. Nice to know there are some kindred spirits in the neighborhood.

takesiteasy said:
First ever sighting of an FWC Eagle in St. Paul on Pascal St. crossing I94. It was on a silver Tacoma 2nd gen. Looked brand new. Nice to know there are some kindred spirits in the neighborhood.
So my GF either spotted this rig, or your rig takesiteasy. Sounded like it did not have the FWC stripe, but it did have AT jerry can holders mounted on the rear.

I am betting it was you? Enjoy the solstice on the shore?

Yep, that was us. Didn't see your rig though- I was looking. We just made a quick weekend trip up for the North House wooden boat show. Were you there? We will probably be back later in the summer for a longer visit.

Overland Hadley said:
So my GF either spotted this rig, or your rig takesiteasy. Sounded like it did not have the FWC stripe, but it did have AT jerry can holders mounted on the rear.

I am betting it was you? Enjoy the solstice on the shore?

takesiteasy said:
Yep, that was us. Didn't see your rig though- I was looking. We just made a quick weekend trip up for the North House wooden boat show. Were you there? We will probably be back later in the summer for a longer visit.
Wow -- This may be the first time in this 161-reply thread in which a "sighting" was actually identified! :D
(or if not the first time, one of the very few...)

I was thinking that also. And in the east where there aren't as many out there.

Along these lines, saw a few on HWY 395 over the weekend. One with a trailer set up off of Virginia Lakes Road, another in Bridgeport parked by the courthouse, and another parked in Minden. Seems like you can't drive 395 without seeing multiple pop-ups.

MarkBC said:
Wow -- This may be the first time in this 161-reply thread in which a "sighting" was actually identified! :D
(or if not the first time, one of the very few...)
Actually I think when Overland Hadley and I saw each other last September in Gran Mari,may have been one of the first.
Frank

Ted said:
And in the east where there aren't as many out there.
Yep, not too many of these campers out here, which makes sightings way fun. But we don't consider outselves east. We are in the "mid" west. ;)

takesiteasy said:
Ah fun! :)

I was at North House for part of the weekend. My girlfriend works there, so she was there ALL weekend.

Back
Top Bottom