Sightings thread

Bseek said:
So give me a little time to get the machine, and work out the kinks, but I would be able to send them out free as a goodwill offering to members of this site. They have all been kind and generous, a great group of folks.

I'll let you know when I get this nailed down.
Cool, I'd be proud to display our affiliation and Bseek, don't be afraid to ask us for the cost of materials and postage, as that would make it easier on you and we'd be glad to pony up. PayPal might be an easy way to do the transaction for all.

A couple days ago we pulled in for gas in 29 Palms. I pulled in behind an F-250 with an FWC on it. I was just getting ready to talk the the owner when I saw him tying a wimpy little gas can onto his rear bumper using a twisted up plastic trash bag as a rope. I decided not to approach him. :eek:

Lighthawk said:
Saw this guy at the GrassValley dog park today.
Andy,I don't remember his name but I talked to him in Ft Bragg back in Sept.He has 3 dogs and wasn't a member but goes to the site often.
After checking our trip journal,their names are Will and Stacey and live in Nevada city.Have had their camper for a few years.
Frank

SR says she knows a Will and Stacy from NC. The windows of the cab were dog-nozed, so three dogs fit.
They had a daughter, Sierra and son, Ben. It's truly a small world.

Just now, 1:30 p.m., in the Old Mill parking lot in Bend, OR, an ATC Puma on (I think) a small Ford with Alaska plates.

Bseek said:
Thanks to RiverRunner, I have the logo as a png file now, so I can do it. The vinyl comes in 12 inch width, and runs less than 2 bucks for 12x12. I should be able to fit 16 to a sheet at the 3/4" size, making it pennies.

So give me a little time to get the machine, and work out the kinks, but I would be able to send them out free as a goodwill offering to members of this site. They have all been kind and generous, a great group of folks.

I'll let you know when I get this nailed down.
I would love a decal as well and will gladly pay for it.

Got mine in the mail the other day... THANK YOU Bseek!!! I'll get mine on before the long weekend of wandering.
party0005.gif

Sighted yesterday December 26th, at 11:15 a.m., on I-5 northbound between Dunsmuir & Mt. Shasta: a pop-up (FWC or ATC -- but didn't see labels) on a blue Dodge with California plates passed me (me in Honda Civic).
The camper had a decal on the door window: "Hansen's Motorcycles". The camper was outfitted in the fashion of a "WTW regular": with external pop-up-assist gas struts and no jacks attached.
Rig turned off on the southernmost Mt. Shasta exit...a local?

BSeek, I would like one, too. Please put me on the list.

MarkBC, Hansen's Motorcycles is the BMW dealer in Phoenix, Oregon. I wonder if Craig sold his business and moved to CA...

You just missed seeing Kirk coming up I 5 with four FWCs. He pulled into Phoenix about 12:30.

As we were coming back up from the Rogue Valley with our new Granby, we saw another FWC on what looked like a Tacoma, heading south on I-5, just north of Brownsville.

Met the Lighthawks at Atlatl Rock campground this morning
and saw a FWC/Tundra or Tacoma with an Aluminess duel swing out rear bumper between Boulder City and the Hoover Dam this afternoon.

Went to the hardware store in Grass Valley today to fulfill my never ending need for widgets.
I came out in the parking lot and spotted this sweet rig.

I waited a few minutes and was able to meet the owner, John. Real nice guy, gave me a peak at his build out of a 08 Grandby shell. Awesome Alumness rear bumper with dual gas cans, hi-lift, and spare tire. Very clean rig.

I'm always amazed when I meet another FWC / ATC owner who doesn't know about WTW. I gave him the name of the forum and he said he will look us up. I told him we were all nice folks, so act your best if a newbie shows up! :p

...... The windows were all dog-nosed. .......
Just catching up on this thread. In my family those are known as "snorffle" marks. Think about how it sounds when those marks are made.....

BSeek, if there are any Steekers left I am interested in one or two.

In the past few weeks I've seen a FWC with a roof top AC unit on a Nissan Titan here in Marina Del Rey. Haven't had a chance to turn around and say hello.

Back
Top Bottom