Sightings thread

This morning while shopping at our local Fred Meyer, there was a 2011 FWC Eagle on a quad cab Toyota parked next to us. Nice looking rig. WE had to get home or would have waiting to chat.

I stumbled on a fellow with a nice Silver edition FWC Grandby at the Wilsonville Campingworld. Didn't get much of a chance to talk, but it looked like a nice setup on a big Dodge.

saw a nice grandby on an extended cab pewter chevy in Calgary yesterday (March 10). Alberta plates too. Quite the surprise to see one up here, let alone in the still middle of our winter.

Driving through Lake Louise Alberta - Newer silver extended cab Tacoma with a Fleet?? looked nicely kitted out. I tried to catch the license plate but it was going the opposite direction. I didn't recognize it as a Canadian plate though.

whoever it was, I hope you stayed in the Lake Louise area over the weekend. I was skiing in Golden B.C. and got at least a foot of freshies Saturday night. There were places of over 3' from wind transport. My wife was just squealing in all the powder. Took a really good double ejection tumble. Took a while to plow my way back up through the snow and dig for my lost skis.

I was heading up PCH from Cayucos towards Cambria CA near Harmony yesterday when a southbound FWC on a white truck almost collided with me when they passed a car on a blind curve, was that you? If so, would you spring for a new pair of pants:>) It was so close if I didn't pull into the shoulder the news caption would have been "Four Wheel Campers lost two of their customers on HWY 1":>)

Went on a walk today with the wife and kid through Los Osos and saw a Granby with fiberglass siding parked in front of a house. Funny thing is I've never seen this camper before on various walks through this neighborhood.
2014-04-13+10.36.54.jpg

Sighted driving through Cedar Mesa campground, Capitol Reef N.P., April 29, about 4 p.m.: a newer FWC Hawk on a Tundra with Montana plates, pulling a storage/gear trailer.

You checked out the c.g. but didn't stay for some reason...was it me? :unsure:

I was in Moab last weekend. Saw several FWC's and many other popup's. Definite popup country over there. Even ran into a guy from the Expo forum on a trail. I recognized him from his postings. these innerwebs make for a small world. I was wishing I had my truck and camper the entire time but it was good time none the less.

Spotted this guy East Bound on I90 near North Bend, Washington. I didn't realize that you could get windows on the driver side. Fleet model, or Eagle/Finch with dinette seating? I want a look of the inside.

Attachments

• IMAG0259 Small.jpg
    IMAG0259 Small.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 125
Yesterday, May 4, around noon, southbound on UT 12 a few miles north of Escalante, UT:
Not one but two FWC rigs, one after the other, apparently traveling together. (I didn't notice truck make or FWC model)

I was northbound, and I waved. :)

Yesterday, May 4, around noon, parked in the Escalante River Trailhead lot off UT 12, a few miles north of Escalante, UT:
This rare species -- an FWC flatbed model. :eek:
I didn't notice what kind of truck it was on...in a hurry, I guess, to get to the Calf Creek campground before it filled up!

Check out Sheffield Road if you get a chance. It's just a few miles from Calf Creek.
When we tent camped in 2010, we saw vehicle-based campers located a few miles in awesome locations with views.

Sunday midday, we spotted a Tundra/Hawk (sweet!) heading west on Highway 20, above Nevada City, as we drove east.
We were in stealth Subaru mode, but waved anyway!

We just returned from an out-and-back to NV, AZ and UT. Left the 20th of April and got home yesterday. FWCs sighted were:
On the 22nd and 23rd In Valley of Fire SP, NV - a Silver Spur Hawk on a dark colored full size pickup at Atlatl CG and a Ranger on a pickup I didn't catch at Arch cg.

On the 24th at Lynx Lake cg near Prescott, AZ a Fleet on a red Tacoma with Maine tags!

On the 28th towards the N end of Cottonwood road UT, a custom flat bed FWC on a black? full size Ford- very shiny!

On the 30th a Silver Spur Raven on a Raptor camped near us on Spencer Flat Road near Escalante UT. (Lighthawk, I think this road is also called Sheffield Rd, you are right about the camping and the views! Amazing!)

2 May headed home on UT 12 and spied two FWCs headed S, one on a dark Tundra and the other on a white domestic make. Maybe the same couple of couples noted by MarkBC? And on the same day at the junction of I15 and US50 near Scipio UT, a very friendly smile and wave from a couple in a white pickup and FWC.

Otis said:
On the 28th towards the N end of Cottonwood road UT, a custom flat bed FWC on a black? full size Ford- very shiny!
That would have been us in a dark gray Dodge. We spent the night of the 28th along Cottonwood creek and awoke to a beautiful morning.

Back
Top Bottom