Sightings thread

montana-moods said:
That would have been us in a dark gray Dodge. We spent the night of the 28th along Cottonwood creek and awoke to a beautiful morning.
Woops! Sorry about the mis-label, I think I got the FWC part right?!
That was a beautiful drive, we ended up at Kodachrome Basin State Park that night - (hot showers!)

Otis said:
Woops! Sorry about the mis-label, I think I got the FWC part right?!
That was a beautiful drive, we ended up at Kodachrome Basin State Park that night - (hot showers!)
So, there were two of us from Central Oregon in southern Utah at the same time? :O
:)

montana-moods said:
That would have been us in a dark gray Dodge. We spent the night of the 28th along Cottonwood creek and awoke to a beautiful morning.
montana-moods, were you also the FWC-flatbed parked in the Escalante trailhead on May 4, as I posted here?

Otis said:
We spent a night at Kodachrome too, I think it was the 27th. It was windy but spectacular, with nice cumulus clouds.

MarcBC that date doesn't work for Escalante, we were in the area about a week earlier. The Calf Creek camp was one of our favorite paid campsites, and the falls were worth the walk.

MarkBC said:
So, there were two of us from Central Oregon in southern Utah at the same time? :O
:)
We camped on Spencer Flat/Sherwood Rd the 29th thru the 3rd with another couple from Bend (in a long-ish camp trailer). Our first trip to that part of the SW, truly spectacular!

On our way to points east and south in Washington. We saw a 4 Wheel Camper Eagle on a Toyota in Diablo on Highway 20. Then, near Winthrop, we saw an Earthroamer.

Spotted in Marina Del Rey.

FusoFWC.jpg

This morning (6/5), I saw a very nice home built pop up on a big Dodge crewcab in Wilsonville, Oregon. The camper appeared to have diamond plate as an external frame, good looking siding, and a really nice full size roof frame. The uprights on the frame had jumping salmon cutouts. Nicely done. I suspect that it was a shell, but didn't get a chance to speak with the driver more than a few seconds. The light changed, and we were off for the freeway.

At Arches NP on Thursday, saw a maroon Toyota with a FWC Fleet. Tried to say hi but parking was tight and you moved on.

This afternoon, we saw a Silver Spur edition (Hawk?) on a black rig (towing an aluminum trailer) heading south on I-5 near Wilsonville, Oregon. Looked nice!

Keep trying these Canadian sightings!!

Saw a newer F150 with a newer Hawk in Fernie BC June 28. Guy was parked and I was driving along the highway so I couldn't get a great look or check out a license plate

On Sunday at the Oregon coast, (cooling off for a few days!!) met two separate FWCs, both on darker pickups; we were heading south between Newport and Yachats. First one waved with a peace sign and second with "hang loose".
On Tuesday gassing up in Florence, a Phoenix Camper on a small white pickup pulled in as we were pulling out. First pop-up of that make I have seen.
And then yesterday as we headed inland, back into the smoke and heat, we met a west-bound older FWC on a full size white pickup, between Florance and Eugene.

Otis said:
On Sunday at the Oregon coast, (cooling off for a few days!!) met two separate FWCs, both on darker pickups; we were heading south between Newport and Yachats. First one waved with a peace sign and second with "hang loose".
On Tuesday gassing up in Florence, a Phoenix Camper on a small white pickup pulled in as we were pulling out. First pop-up of that make I have seen.
And then yesterday as we headed inland, back into the smoke and heat, we met a west-bound older FWC on a full size white pickup, between Florance and Eugene.
We'll be making a southern trek along the Oregon coast beginning at Newport a week from Sunday. Heading up to Gifford-Pinchott NF in WA first.

JHa6av8r said:
We'll be making a southern trek along the Oregon coast beginning at Newport a week from Sunday. Heading up to Gifford-Pinchott NF in WA first.
From Newport south is some of our favorite Oregon coastline; Bandon - Cape Blanco area has lots of sea stack scenery and we've enjoyed some great family hikes along the southern section.

Enjoy!!

GBW said:
Keep trying these Canadian sightings!!

Saw a newer F150 with a newer Hawk in Fernie BC June 28. Guy was parked and I was driving along the highway so I couldn't get a great look or check out a license plate
Saw three separate FWC's on Vancouver Island in June Black Dodge with Hawk south of Campbell River, Grey Dodge 2500 with Eagle in Uclulet Oregon Plate), White Nissan with Finch California plate in (Gold River BC). And 2 more on the highway on the way home.

This week at Mattole Beach, met Glen and his family (wife & 2 kids) camping in their Grandby on a Dodge as well as Steve in his Hawk on a Tundra. Both were from the LA area. Glen was heading to Usal Beach yesterday. A quote from Steve when we chatted about our campers, "The definition of freedom."

Also last Friday, we passed an FWC on a white Tacoma (I think) in Carson, WA.

JHa6av8r said:
This week at Mattole Beach, met Glen and his family (wife & 2 kids) camping in their Grandby on a Dodge as well as Steve in his Hawk on a Tundra. Both were from the LA area. Glen was heading to Usal Beach yesterday. A quote from Steve when we chatted about our campers, "The definition of freedom."

Also last Friday, we passed an FWC on a white Tacoma (I think) in Carson, WA.
Wow -- 3 pop-up campers in that one little campground! :eek:
But as windy/steep as the road in is, it's not the kind of place you're likely to meet big 5th wheel monster-trailers...
It's a cool spot -- I need to get back there soon.

Back
Top Bottom