so for Christmas i received a overland bug out 120 an two 20 ft cables

dennis 221

Will I lose a lot of energy by using both cables?! sure hope not! would love input!! yes they are both from overland an look solid

Congratulations, must have been good.

You only need to use the length cable needed at the time and place to reach the sun. LIGHT

SEE Next post to explain edit...

An indoor outdoor thermometer for the camper and two! fishing poles suitable for the camper. One is a collapsible the other is a real nice shorty.

I've used the 120 Bugout over the past year. I haven't noticed any difference in using one or two cables. I did monitor on the camper MPPT and battery monitor. The extra cable may make the difference between no charge (being out of reach of direct sunlight) and a positive amp charge with the 2nd cable reaching sunlight. I'm in Boise where Overland Solar is located. They sold me the 2nd cable and confirmed the difference in charge is negligible. Enjoy the Bugout. It's an awesome alternative to a fixed panel.

If you have a PWM charger, you won't loose any power unless your cables are extremely long. If you have an MPPT charge controller, you may loose a small amount of power in the cables, but if it gets your panels out into full sun it is worth it. For reference I have two 25' SAE extensions: https://smile.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-081-0148-25-Disconnect-Extension/dp/B000FW2MWW
and the power loss on a 120W panel is barely noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom