Southwest Utah / Zion National Park May 2009

Next day - Observation Point Trail:
picture.php

Note the FLDS mountaineers.

Our time at Zion was finally at an end. The next stop is the famous Gooseberry Mesa mountain biking trail. This is considered by many as one of the world's best trails. This is some of the most fun I have ever had on a bike:
picture.php

The Gooseberry Mesa area has a lot of primitive camping spots and is pretty close to Zion. Some of the spots are among the rocks right on the trail:
picture.php

This has been one of the best trips I have ever had. Southern Utah is amazing and we have decided to try to go back in the fall. Until next time.......
picture.php

Sweet!

Dog 'n Megan,

One of those trips where it all fits and you get memories that last forever. It just don't get no better'n that.

Thanks for sharing it with us...great pics and write-up, as always.
'birds

P.S. Hope you got to drive the tunnel.

The heart of the park, Zion Canyon, has been closed to the general public since 2000 and can only be accessed via the Zion bus system.

I think this depends on the time of the year assuming we're talking about the same sections because in Nov. 2004 we drove the tunnel and all the way down into the canyon along the river, etc. before it dead ended and we had to back track out.

Awesome Pics, but did Megan approve the first one? When my wife and I looked at these, she said " I would be so pissed at you if you did that to me".
Ha Ha, good for you.

Back
Top Bottom