Step Gizmo for roof access

buckland

Site Team
I saw this and bought one to see how it works...it does. My only concern was the stress it would put on the U bolt catch. The physics of it does not so much pull down as push in as it is a lever. If the screws are robust it should be okay. I am 165 lbs. and my wife "less" :) ... we are 5'8" and 5'2" so this is a great help in the front when tying down the 2 canoes. Perhaps too, when opening the Batwing awning we hope to get this year. Anyone tried one of these? The door shot is a bit blurry so will take another shot when the temperature goes back above zero!

Attachments

• IMG_7365.jpg
    IMG_7365.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_7363.jpg
    IMG_7363.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 202
Bought one, but haven't used it in the field yet. Will definitely help in accessing the step I mounted to the front of my camper for surfboards and kayaks.

The problem for me is the camper roof is not on the same vertical plane as the door frame anchor. This would have me leaning backwards, not a positive position for me. Also some door anchors are posts.

Russ

CougarCouple said:
The problem for me is the camper roof is not on the same vertical plane as the door frame anchor. This would have me leaning backwards, not a positive position for me. Also some door anchors are posts.

Russ
Bingo...... as some might also experience.

My wife got in on the Kickstarter for this. She uses it and really likes it.

Back
Top Bottom