Sure Power 1314 Recall - FYI

Yeah the lack of follow through on FWC's part is pretty damn annoying. Steve at FWC was ON IT throughout the entire sales process and I was feeling very confident with our decision to go FWC. Since Tom posted very early on in this thread there's been no response or anything from them. I've called and spoke with Terry in service twice and been told 'Sure Power is working on a remedy and FWC will be reaching out to all customers very soon.'

I'm left feeling extremely disappointed by this situation regarding our 5-month old camper.

Sorry if this has been covered, I just went through the thread quickly and didn't see anything. Can someone tell me how to go about or what steps to take to receive refund from Sure Power. Looks like I'll be contacting Marty and going that route for replacement. Thanks.

LT, this is from the recall letter:

"If you have any of the Affected Products, please immediately stop using, selling and/or distributing it and call Sure Power at 1-855-450-3594 or e-mail Sure Power at recall@surepower.com for direction on how to exchange the products for a replacement product (if available) or a refund. Sure Power replacement products are expected to be available in about 6-7 weeks. Alternatively, you may return the product to Sure Power by mail, Attention: Recall, 10189 SW Avery St Tualatin, OR 97062, along with your name, address and telephone number, and specify whether you would prefer a refund or replacement (if available)."

I took mine out, packaged it up, sent it with tracking and delivery confirmation - I know that they received it! - and am now awaiting a refund. I'll post when it shows up. Good luck with this!

Just hung up with Marty and a new unit is going out in today's mail, awesome customer service from ATC. Pretty annoying I have to be dealing with this myself with no help from FWC on a 5-month old camper.

I've obviously been very patient waiting for FWC to figure this out, it's been a couple of months.... Pretty disappointing.

Just hung up with Marty and a new unit is going out in today's mail, awesome customer service from ATC. Pretty annoying I have to be dealing with this myself with no help from FWC on a 5-month old camper.

I've obviously been very patient waiting for FWC to figure this out, it's been a couple of months.... Pretty disappointing.

I hear you, my camper is 1 yr old and I'm on my own. I emailed sure power and they sent me ups shipping forms I took to the ups store, bought a $1 bubble envelope and shipped it off. Easy as could be, said it will be 2-4 weeks for get my refund cheque.

Taking it out of the camper was much easier than I thought it was going to be. Hopefully the install of ATCs new unit will follow suit!

Speaking of which, since we have probably the same camper - if you need any help with it just ask. It seems I'm a step ahead of you, so if I F it up I can let you know :D

Or if I get it right and you have a question... that too.

Speaking of which, since we have probably the same camper - if you need any help with it just ask. It seems I'm a step ahead of you, so if I F it up I can let you know :D

Or if I get it right and you have a question... that too.

Guys it's easy.Marty should pre wire it before he sends it.It's just a snap,and if you have a solar panel thats even better, the solar will charge both batteries when they are needed.I can't say enough about this unit and the service you get from the crew at ATC.

Frank

First of all, my apologies for the very lengthy delay in sending out a bulletin on the Sure Power 131x series separator recall. Four Wheel has been working closely with Sure Power. Essentially, the problem that was found in the separator needed a redesign, and during new unit testing, an opportunity was seen for a further improvement. The improved unit has finished design and durability testing, and is now in production. Sure Power will be working directly with each camper owner to replace the potentially affected separators at the expense of Sure Power. In the meantime caution is the best consideration and as soon as the separators are available arrangements will be made to replace them. This is expected to start in November. Please do not replace the existing unit with another model or product that is not approved by Sure Power or Four Wheel Campers. This could cause other electrical problems or safety challenges. Thank you again for your patience and we promise to keep you updated regularly. For those of you who would like to discuss particulars with Sure Power, their phone number is 855-450-3594 or e-mail them at recall@surepower.com. Thanks, and again, my apologies for the delay in keeping you posted. Tom Hanagan

ATC is installing a new unit that also will charge the truck battery if you have solar. Marty says he has a few in stock and has sent some out to the guys on this forum. They're around $80 and a simple install. I don't know what the SurePower refund is but what ever it is it will offset the cost of the new unit.
Here's a diagram of the change over install. Not rocket science.
View attachment 12771

Hey crew, need some assistance on this please. I removed the old unit and have the new unit from Marty to throw in there. Little confused and could use some assistance.

See the green wire in the pic above...it's "clipped" in to a post type of connection, not screwed with a nut. The new unit obviously doesn't have that"post"....what the hell becomes of that green wire connection?

My system also has a red wire connected to the SUREPOWER unit that was on the same nut connection as the wire that goes to the non-red post in the pic above.....does it once again go to that connection?

As far as the black wire splice...how does that work?

Sorry I'm a dunce....there's a reason we went with a brand new camper....I'm not smart at this ****.

I believe the green wire is to my solar panel controller. Give Marty a call he'll know for sure.

The green wire in an ATC is a solar wire. The green wire in the FWC that I have seen is a ground wire. The diagram that Jay published is good for the ATC Sure Power replacement not The FWC Sure Power repacement. It will work on all auxillary batteries you just need to know how your wires are run. Have a nice day. Marty

<snip>
I took mine out, packaged it up, sent it with tracking and delivery confirmation - I know that they received it! - and am now awaiting a refund. I'll post when it shows up. Good luck with this!

Just an update. I requested a refund. I have delivery confirmation the unit was delivered to Sure Power on Oct 6, 2011. Let's see how long this takes. I'll keep you posted.

Just an update. I requested a refund. I have delivery confirmation the unit was delivered to Sure Power on Oct 6, 2011. Let's see how long this takes. I'll keep you posted.

Smart, I sent mine in but didn't keep track of the info. So I'm not sure how long it has/will take(n). Looking forward to that refund though!

Mine took 2 months ,but that's because there wasn't a refund system set up yet.They should send them out quickly now that the system is in place.

You will like the new "isolator".If you have solar it will charge the truck battery as needed,it's so cool.

Frank

came today

gallery_1902_252_70503.jpg

I'm still waiting. Talked to Judy almost a month ago. But I'm in Canada, so I suppose it could take 1-2 years by pigeon or however they send international mail these days.

How long did it take?

Jay, they received the separater I sent on Oct 6th. I received the check today. Looks like 5 weeks.

I just had my 6 month old Sure Power model 1314 Battery Separator fail............

Last Friday the 18th I received my replacement for the 1314 in the mail. Looks identical to the one I mailed them, hopefully it last longer than a year :D

Back
Top Bottom