Thanksgiving No.37

Grand Whazoo

Court Jester
Well it seems time to post a trip report to stay in good standing with the trip report gods. This great website seems to be where those gods hang out. I'll say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, a bit belatedly.
Thanksgiving 2016

img_161025_0_1ee4cc309e2437a286ffd9ea4682fbdb.gif

Dave, I can't believe you were whining about your photos in another thread!! There are some gorgeous shots of the frozen terrain in your TR.

Thanks for sharing.

Another great TR Dave! Keep on doing that voodoo that you do so well.

A real bummer that you were not able to get to the Cosmic Ashtray. :(

I too feel your disdain for the bureaucrats who rule from on high, breathing the rarefied air of knowing what best for us :cautious:. Lots of places on NFS and BLM that I used to frequent that are no longer accessible unless you want to go out on a lil' 20 mile hike.

Great trip report and photos as usual. I understand wanting to rant. When I can get out on thanksgiving will be bitter sweet. Still family time but I can see the end to that coming. So how cold did it get?

What a great Thanksgiving tradition you all have. One of my most memorable Thanksgiving's was camping with my kids in Death Valley.

I really enjoyed your TR, especially your photographs. I really liked the one of the tree with the roots growing out of the sandstone (or at least I think it was sandstone). I could also relate to the one of your dog sprawled out in front of the heater--mine does the same thing.

Thanks for sharing...

Great TR. Always enjoy the surprises that seem to pop up in your reports!

Also, nothing wrong with the photos, they are outstanding!

Dave, you continue to out do yourself. Another great TR. What a beautiful area to spend a week. If you hadn't described some of the sand pictures, I would have thought they were paintings. The mixed color sand could have made someone very rich as a painting. Blown up it might make great den wall art.

There is so much to explore out west and sadly the government is making it harder to see parts of our country. Someone forgot what our country is about and it should be available for us to enjoy.

Don't ever stop posting your reports. Happy New Year to you and Lynn.

jd

Aha, Wandering Sagebrush, you've busted me. Yes I do feel that my pictures lack, at the very least, good sharpness that everyone else seems to have and I am never happy with them. I do appreciate your comments, very much, and hope you have a great great day!

Hey Tuff Guy! That's a new one on me, that voodoo thing. I thought it was my mass digital hypnotism software lol. Rarified air, we could talk for a while couldn't we?! In the meantime I have to go shovel snow, again. Thanks!

Morning Craig, The temps were in the 40's daytime, perfect for hiking, and maybe high twenties at night, perfect sleeping in a camper temps! Yes, things like camping with family will come to an end, but then we have our "glory days." We can at least tell stories about those great times. Thanks Craig...

Takesiteasy, Thanks for your reply, it is gorgeous country. To whine a little more, I just wish I could capture that country a little better in pictures. I guess everybody just needs to see it for themselves!

Howdy Groovy Dad, I have to say that Thanksgiving is my most important Day and trip of the whole year. It's been the best time with my family and to camp and be close. Typically good but cold weather and used to be fewer people. It sounds like you know that and I urge everyone to try it, those that never have. It's good to get a reply from you, Happy New Years!!

Hello Cayuse, Well if you enjoy those pop-up surprises you might be the only one lol. I need a new M.O. someday I'm thinking, but I sure appreciate your compliment.

Longhorn! Hi JD, Hey I don't know about out-doing myself, I feel to be on the downhill side of TR's. But I will always be amazed at the things we see in nature. And the scenery, well the scenery is too much to take in at times, I could just sit till I turn to stone and happily be part of it all. Thanks so much JD, and a big Happy New Years to you and yours as well...

Thanks Russ, And I'll hope that truck isn't empty too much longer. With water in the high deserts this winter I'm thinking this spring will be a great time to camp and see things spring to life.

So long folks, I hope everyone has a good year and camps to their hearts delight.
img_161305_1_93b69b3cc614fed3030b80b71e357802.jpg

Back
Top Bottom