The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

Tony, she definitely left us too soon. After her death, I learned that our mothers were friends. I'd have to say that Green Eyes is my favorite Kate Wolf song.

The good too often die young, Steve.

Kate is amazing. Lots of people cover her, like Nancy Griffith. But there will never be anyone like Kate.

Byron Berline passed away July 10th. He was one of the world's best fiddlers. I first met Bryon (and picked a little bit) in Fresno, California in 1977. It was the weekend of the annual fiddle contest. I rode down with one of the judges, a good friend of Bryon's. That evening Bryon's band played a huge outdoor concert at Fresno State. Bryon was a great guy and will be missed.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
We saw Berline at a "Music at Bear Valley"show back in late 90s.
He shared the stage with Mason Williams.
Another musician to be missed.
Frank
Frank, I just updated my post above with the reason I posted Bryon playing a tune.

Nice Ski that you had that meeting with him.
We enjoyed his music along with Masons that night.
When we had our cabin we would plan some time to spend at the Bear Valley festival.

Fortunately we have a great radio station locally that will play his music.

The first few years we went we got to meet Loyd Bridges and his wife.They had a house
at Bear Valley along with Robert Conrad.

Not "name dropping" here but we have run into some interesting people.

Frank

Very nice song
Joy Williams and John Paul White of The Civil Wars performed “Kingdom Come” for NPR Music in a field of grapevines during the Sasquatch! Music Festival in George, Washington. Too bad they broke up not too long after.

Back
Top Bottom