The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

This post is a little different. Julie and I received a note from my buddy Scotty this morning that part of his video work collection has gone to Country Music Hall of Fame -

Famed Monroe Video From the Scott Wright Collection Goes to The Country Music Hall of Fame

I went to many Monroe concerts and bluegrass festivals in the 1970's with Scott. I remember when he talked the managers at the NBC station in Denver into allowing him to travel to Kalamazoo to film video in the above link. Congrats Scott!

Many remember the DIllards appearing as The Darling family on The Andy Griffith TV show. They also cleaned up real good and appeared on the Judy Garland Show.

Clarity of voice, harmonies, haunting emotion remind me some of Alison Krause & crew. Really beautiful voice. Their sound man is first rate also. Thanks.

Paul

PaulT said:
Clarity of voice, harmonies, haunting emotion remind me some of Alison Krause & crew. Really beautiful voice. Their sound man is first rate also. Thanks.

Paul
Yup, an excellent rendition of one of our old classics. Excellent vocals and what a well done fiddle solo that was so fun to follow. It is inspiring to see musical genres interwoven through the world. Music and art are such welcome avenues to bring us all together. Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom