The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

I agree and that's why we have a DVD copy here. Wes Studi played one of the most dynamic villains ever.

PaulT said:
That music and the filming location(s) for Last of the Mohicans is why it remains one of my favorite movies. The use of low natural light is done very well.

Paul

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Perhaps and arguably the best movie score written!

GammedeLumiere said:
If you use the YouTube “copy” option, it will display the video, not just the link. You might have to select the 3 dots in “Share” to find Copy.

David Rawlings and Gillian Welch are great.

Oregon Trail - Joni Harms (apologies for the pedal steel, it’s mostly acoustic :))

14725274953_a295e6155d_b.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Oregon Trail - Joni Harms (apologies for the pedal steel, it’s mostly acoustic :))
Why the apology?

I heard the pedal steel with my ears after the digital bits were processed by my iPad, electronically amplified, converted from electrical signals in the speakers to acoustic wave, carried by the air into my ears where they wiggled the fibers in my inner ears, were converted to nerve signals & finally were recognized by my brain as music.

Even the pedal steel signals started as string vibrations. What makes the pedal steel not acoustic? Only if you are hearing the performance live with no electronics can it be qualitatively a different experience than “acoustic” instruments.

Any music recorded & played back cannot be called “acoustic” if one is being pedantic about it
(Rant off)
:p
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Paul

Back
Top Bottom