The Acoustic Thread - What are you listening to?

Ahhhhhh. That's the very first tune I learned on this little gem that my great friend Howard made for me. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 18
Not as much of a listener as I once was, and other then a stint as a left-handed drummer at age 12-13, I've never played. But in recent years I've enjoyed some live sets from Corb Lund, Hayes Carll, James McMurtry, Lyle Lovett (and his Large Band), and a host of others. With the Red Ants Pants Music Festival coming up soon in White Sulphur Springs, Montana, and with one of Saturday's headliners being Marty Stuart and the Fabulous Superlatives, been listening to Marty a lot and most of of the 2023 lineup.

With that as the context, I just listened to "Time Don't Wait" from Marty Stuart and Co, including the incredible Kenny Vaughn on his 12-string. All acoustic, but I'm too unaware of the impact of mics and amps on the purity of the matter. I just know it sounds good.

Mighty fine to enjoy an NC Piedmont sunset here right at the solstice with some acoustic tunes and a couple of ice-cold Rolling Rocks. Looking forward to Red Ants Pants 2023!

Foy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom