The All Terrain Campers photo thread

DirkWill said:
I guess I do need a tutorial... Thought I had it.
Thanks
I'm on an iPad now, so I won't be able to show great detail, but here goes...

You can load photos to WTW several ways. You can load directly into a comment by...

1) clicking on the "More Reply Options" button,
2) then clicking oh the "Choose File" button and selecting from your device, the photo you want,
3)click on "Attach This File",
4)click on "Add to Post"

It should then be in the comment. You can preview the post to verify... If you like it, post it.

Or, you can add it to the gallery, then link to it by...

1) In the Gallery, click on the "Upload" button and selecting or creating the album where you want the image,
2) now click on another "Choose File" button and select it from your device or source,
3) you now need to click on "Upload", followed by "Review & Publish" and "Finish & Publish"

The image should now be in your album...
4) Click on your photo to display a larger size, and right click on it.
5) select and click on "Copy Image Address"

Now, in the comment box, click on the icon that resembles a photo. It's above the comment box...
6) paste the image address into the dialog that pops up,
7) when you hit return, the image should display in your comment box. I'm on an iPad, so I may not have text exact for these last steps, as I haven't found a way to do this on the iPad.

I hope this makes sense..

Virginia-Pass-Oct-2016-012-copy.jpg

Virginia-Pass-Oct-2016-111-copy.jpg

Virginia-Pass-Oct-2016-172-copy.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I see new shoes on a white Ranger. Cool shots, especially the middle shot with Ms 3Pin in the doorway.
She takes direction pretty well and puts up with my shutter bugging. I'm hanging on to her. One note - she insists that her students use Mrs. 3Pin when addressing her.

ski3pin said:
She takes direction pretty well and puts up with my shutter bugging. I'm hanging on to her. One note - she insists that her students use Mrs. 3Pin when addressing her.
Oops, a fatal error on my part! Hey, guess what happens Friday... The rapid March of Geezerdom continues. :p

takesiteasy said:
Heading into the Kaibab NF:

IMG_3897.jpg
Great pics - curious about your roof rack. I'm getting ready to order my Panther and can't decide about roof racks. How much do you utilize it? I'm afraid if I have one I'll load up more gear than I usually would. I'll have a side dinette so I'll lose storage space for long items like a shovel, my 4' long fire poker, fly rod,etc. I would like to carry my overly large camp chairs outside of the camper too. Any recommendations on what kind of rack ? Thanks!!

Paul

Paul, I will toss my opinion out... It looks like Al has full length Yakima tracks with three bars on top. The basket appears to be the old Yakima Basket Case, which I don't believe is made now.

Paul, I will toss my opinion out... It looks like Al has full length Yakima tracks with three bars on top. The basket appears to be the old Yakima Basket Case, which I don't believe is made now.
Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

We don't carry a lot on the roof. Mostly use the rack for carrying boats (canoe, kayaks, SUP, not all at the same time, haha), paddles, poles for our awning and the shovel. The basket works great for light things like chairs, firewood, fishing stuff, etc. You need to remember to unload it before raising the top if there are things you want in camp up there.

I have Yakima tracks on my FWC for my kayak but I stopped using it because it's a bear loading it. Especially inconvenient when all I'm doing is setting up for the night and have to unload it to take the weight off the roof. I do like the idea of keeping the floor space as clear as possible so I think a roof rack would be useful. Any particular roof racks I should check out? One other thing, I see a lot of FWC campers with the factory rear steps - do they really help to load gear onto the rack??

Paul, look for the Basket Case on Craigslist if you want one like Takeiteasy has. I've had one for about 30 years. Yakima does make a newer version, but I don't know much about it. There are other knock offs, too. I didn't find the rear steps all that handy except when getting straps around skinny boats. Yakima also makes a bar extension that makes loading a boat easier. Put the bow on the extension, go to the stern, lift and push it on to the racks.

For under $100 you can make a speaker lift system to raise the roof when loaded. They work fine.

Looks like if I want to have a cargo rack I'll need the Yakima tracks and I already have the towers and bars so might as well have ATC put them on. I'm also wanting to have a tilting solar panel which I have seen mounted on various roof rack systems. Yakima also has brackets for shovels,hi lifts jacks, etc so it looks like a versatile piece of gear. I bought a 12' inflatable kayak a couple of years ago that I throw in the back of my cab. Not as good as my rigid SOT and setup/take down is more work but all in all a good compromise. Thanks for all of your input !!

Paul, look for the Basket Case on Craigslist if you want one like Takeiteasy has. I've had one for about 30 years. Yakima does make a newer version, but I don't know much about it. There are other knock offs, too. I didn't find the rear steps all that handy except when getting straps around skinny boats. Yakima also makes a bar extension that makes loading a boat easier. Put the bow on the extension, go to the stern, lift and push it on to the racks.

For under $100 you can make a speaker lift system to raise the roof when loaded. They work fine.
I bought my basket case and other Yakima parts on Craigslist- it is a good source. It is possible to lift the roof with the boats on top, assuming they aren't too heavy. I haven't used a lift system but they look like they would be helpful.

Thanks for everyone's input. I found a Basketcase on CL for $60.00. I like the lightweight and the fact that I only have to lift 2" over the edge to pull gear/boxes down. I think the new Yakima megawarrior has a 6" depth - could be more secure that way, who knows, but it also cost around over $300.00.

Ronin said:
Thanks for everyone's input. I found a Basketcase on CL for $60.00. I like the lightweight and the fact that I only have to lift 2" over the edge to pull gear/boxes down. I think the new Yakima megawarrior has a 6" depth - could be more secure that way, who knows, but it also cost around over $300.00.
Neat! You can pick up a bungee net to secure things in the basket case. Yakima makes one, but I suspect you can find a knock off or much less.

Back
Top Bottom