The Landscape Photography Thread

Spring rains made for nice flowers this year in Oregon, too. Lupine, paintbrush and other alpine flowers are prominent now. For example, here are a few images from Pine Mountain this month. Many Cascade areas I've visited are equally colorful.

gallery_4486_917_86304.jpg

gallery_4486_917_164614.jpg

gallery_4486_917_246997.jpg

gallery_4486_917_466678.jpg

Bigfoot said:
Spring rains made for nice flowers this year in Oregon, too. Lupine, paintbrush and other alpine flowers are prominent now. For example, here are a few images from Pine Mountain this month. Many Cascade areas I've visited are equally colorful.

gallery_4486_917_466678.jpg
Nice fill flash

Some great shots everyone!

This is my first home processed slide film (color film for that matter). I used the Arista Rapid E-6 kit.

Just a shot of one of the lakes in my town.

Taken with a Zone VI 4x5 camera and Fujinon W 125mm F5.6 lens, using a 2 stop graduated ND filter. Shot on Velvia 100 and processed with Arista E-6 chemicals.

Lake Loveland - Velvia - 4x5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

I'll add more as I have time to scan in the slides. I developed 6 sheets at once in a Jobo Daylight tank.

Here's a couple I just finished scanning, taken this weekend while on a camping/hiking trip in the Glenwood Canyon area of Colorado.

Both shot on Velvia 50 slide film and developed with the Arista Rapid E-6 kit.

Shot with a Zone VI 4x5 camera and Fujinon W 125mm F5.6 lens.

This first one was the view I had while I was cooking some dinner over the fire in the White River National Forest.

White River Wilderness - Velvia - 4x5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

This one is of "Sprouting Rock", the waterfall that created the Hanging Lake in the Glenwood Canyon of the Colorado. The waterfall is coming out of a hole in the cliff face, not from a normal above ground river.

Spouting Rock - Velvia - 4x5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

I'll add some more tomorrow of the Hanging Lake once I develop and scan in the slides.

Wow! Nice color and dynamic range. I used to do my own 35mm Ektachrome slides. Was a pain in the butt to keep temps within 1/2 deg on the kitchen table. I hope the chemicals are more forgiving or the equipment is better today?

Paul

Sometimes, using the big glass can reveal more about a landscape than a panoramic view. This is at The Painted Hills, near Mitchell, Oregon. Taken with a 500mm lens to take advantage of, and isolate the details and natural color that is present in this beautiful place.

20752396039_86be361095_c.jpg

I see those bunches of flowers where the water rises to the surface. This would do great as a large print where you could really enjoy the detail.

Great take on the Painted Hills. I have to admit I've grown numb to the classic views. Love the overlapping curves! I second the idea that this would make a great print.

Back
Top Bottom