The Landscape Photography Thread

park said:
Set the camera on a rock and jumped in the pic to give it some perspective. Couple of weeks ago in Wenatchee National Forest....

Wenatchee-28-X2.jpg
Cool selfie. Rather zen-like with fantastic light.

Same place, probably the day before. Without the cool afternoon light (and probably a lot more wind!)

[

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Ochoco Country mornings...

27975082910_f1c17ffd13_c.jpg
Steve - This looks like an interesting area that I'm not familiar. What part of the Ochocos were you in? Maybe on east end by Bridge Creek?

The Bride and I just got back from a two week ramble around the sagebrush country of NE and SE Oregon, Nevada and Central Oregon. Here's a panorama taken at Hart Mt National Antelope Refuge, above the hot springs area at around 6,600 feet. Hand held 13 image stitch in Photoshop. Nikkor 24-70 at f5.6, 1/750 and ISO 100.

27962011573_fbaf28683d_c.jpg

We had a fantastic weekend at our favorite local granite outcrop with dark skies. I broke out the Canon 6D, Rokinon 14mm 2.8 combo.

Getting after the Milky Way. Nice ones!
I tried out the Rokinon 14mm last summer and was really impressed with its edge to edge sharpness and the manual focus is quite helpful for low light images.

It's an affordable manual focus lens. I've used it for walk around too and just set focus on infinity (often not where it is marked on the barrel) and f8 and just shoot away, knowing everything it's in focus. Distortion is pretty bad and I prefer my old Sigma 12-24 for architectural work.

Charles Sheldon NWR last summer. First couple of shots with the Rokinon - 10 secs, f/2.8 @ iso 6400

Attachments

• CatnipReservoir_JDavis-3.jpg
    CatnipReservoir_JDavis-3.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 28
CraggyMan said:
Charles Sheldon NWR last summer. First couple of shots with the Rokinon - 10 secs, f/2.8 @ iso 6400
Sweet blue hour light with interesting sky and stars. Reflections are a bonus. Looks sharp to me!

Charlie, Harris Beach was our go to spot at the coast when I was growing up. All those sea stacks are really photogenic. Thanks for sharing!

I recently won an auction on a camera I've been wanting for a while, a Kodak Medalist I in excellent condition. Whenever I get some new photo gear, I head up the canyon to Rocky Mountain National Park to test it out. It was a windy, wet day in the park with lots of overcast skies. Makes for some interesting shots though!

I wish there was a way to display these images like they are displayed on my calibrated screen, large and full of tones, the down res image displayed on the internet color palate doesn't let you see the full qualities of these images.

Anyway, saying that, here they are.

These were shot on a 77 year old Kodak Medalist I that I received a couple of days ago. These are my first rolls and my first shots taken with this old camera, so I really didn't know what to expect. The first images were shot with trough a minus blue filter on Neopan Acros 100 film rated at 50 ISO and developed in Rodinal at 50:1 for 9 minutes. After they dried, I scanned them in using an Epson V750 pro.

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 3 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

These next few were taken between 11,500 ft and 12,000 ft altitude. It was raining on and off, but it made for some good photo taking.

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 4 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 6 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

These last images were using the same film and shot through the same filter, but I used Pyrocat MC at 1:1:100 to develop them. The negatives were a little thick at 15 minutes development time, so next time I'm going to develop for 12 minutes.

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 7 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 8 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 9 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Thats it for now. I have a few other photos (I shot 3 rolls, so 24 exposures total), but they weren't as interesting, or were doubles of these.

Next weekend I am going to take this camera, along with my 4x5 large format camera and my D600 to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park for some more photography and camping.

Back
Top Bottom