The Landscape Photography Thread

Last week in Big Bend National Park.......

TotTiff%20CottonwoodCamp2%20%284%20of%204%29-XL.jpg

park said:
Last week in Big Bend National Park.......

TotTiff%20CottonwoodCamp2%20%284%20of%204%29-XL.jpg
The feeling of the place pours right through the screen. Good one, Park. Especially balancing highlights with shadows but retaining a natural look. I presume you were wading or boating?

Lighthawk said:
The feeling of the place pours right through the screen. Good one, Park. Especially balancing highlights with shadows but retaining a natural look. I presume you were wading or boating?
I am also impressed with the well done dynamic range of the shot. :)

And as I have posted in the past, you guys are GOOD!

I'm extremely impressed with your images; almost surreal! So far beyond my street-scape ability with my range finders.

Lighthawk said:
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Been busy out roaming around but the answer is yes, I was wading. Took the tripod out to the middle of the river and set up in about 3 feet of water. By getting about thigh deep you could simply wade across to the Mexico side.

Lighthawk said:
Man, that is dark and foreboding.

Any place named 'Goblin' is supposed to be dark and foreboding. The grad filter intensifies the storm, but it was building nicely, or at least that's what the Raven told me. :p

Great sunsets are one excuse for getting out there where you can see them. This one happened for us this week at Kawishiwi Lake in the Superior National Forest

IMG_4615.jpg

Steam Era Relics - Jawbone Flats - Opal Creek Wilderness Area, Oregon

36153346760_acc53dc0cb_b.jpg

An old steam engine and capstan, probably used in mining. Opel Creek is an unusual wilderness area because of a small educational facility in the boundaries. There had been hard rock mining, but the low elevation old growth timber remained untouched.

Back
Top Bottom