The Landscape Photography Thread

pvstoy said:
I wanna see more.........

Pretty cool what I did see. How many shots and how much time delay between images? Total time from start to finish?
Me, too! Come on Andy, spill the beans! That's a nice sequence.

A ghostly apparition, leaving its sandstone tomb...

14293039096_c145a1ebec_c.jpg

Patrick:
The sequence is from 1244am to 126am; so quite a short sequence. It's a compilation of 41 frames, shot 30 sec each with a 1 sec gap between. I'm just using the Canon intervalometer.

More to come . . .

I took a friend into the Opal Creek Ancient Forest wilderness area here in Northern Oregon. It may be the only remaining mostly untouched low elevation old growth left. It was mined some time ago, and there is a road into the wilderness area that connects with an area called Jawbone Flats. The Opal Creek Ancient Forest Learning Center uses the remaining structures at the flats to educate people about old growth forests and their benefits.

14379481985_d6714961ac_c.jpg

From a hiking trip to our local National Park last month. West Anacapa Island from Inspiration Point:

Super Moon, last Saturday night. We paddled our kayaks out onto Lake Valley Reservoir around 5pm. It was still quite warm and we and the dog got a nice swim in the refreshing clear waters. We headed for our favorite granite island and had a nice evening meal. I knew the moonrise would not clear the ridge to the east until shortly after 9pm. I had the tripod set up and mounted a 400mm tele on my camera.

Susan saw it first, while I fiddled with my gear. There was a strong reddish glow building quickly over Monumental Ridge. Even though I knew the moon should be at 115 degree, I didn't have a real compass, just my Samsung with a compass function. I realized that I needed to move my tripod and make it quick. By the time I ran back to grab my camera duffle (TNF waterproof), the moon was eclipsing the horizon. Hurry!

Back
Top Bottom