The Landscape Photography Thread

Hole-in-the-Wall, Mohave Preserve

13414636033_06bc5c37a0_c.jpg

OK, this isn't landscape, but I didn't want to start another photography thread. Since we have been seeing a bit of sun, these tulips have been teasing me for the past couple of days. I really liked the radiant golden glow...

13768798414_27347b9546_c.jpg

Those glowing tulips got me inspired. My cacti flower pot on my south facing porch just started to go off day before yesterday. Some friends who have a native plants nursery here in Bend gave this to me as present a year or two back. Has a Cholla, Prickly Pear and one Hedgehog. Pediocactus (Hedgehog) are early bloomers in this part of the world. Looking forward to chasing these guys in the wild in a couple of weekends.
This pic is from last spring but as of this afternoon I had 5 blossoms on the one "hog".

Attachments

• PorchHedgeHog-web.jpg
    PorchHedgeHog-web.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 31
Wandering Sagebrush said:
OK, this isn't landscape, but I didn't want to start another photography thread. Since we have been seeing a bit of sun, these tulips have been teasing me for the past couple of days. I really liked the radiant golden glow...

13768798414_27347b9546_c.jpg
Wonderful light. I like the strong contrast with the negative space of the blacks.
DOF looks like you stopped down quite a bit.

Left the Painted Hills this morning... Last night was nice, but no clouds this morning. Used the big glass for a little extra reach...

13986223978_8193f21087_c.jpg

....................................I met Smokecreek at Virgin Valley, it was great to meet another wanderer.
Ah.......................you retired guys! Have a great trip!

A trip report is coming. I met Smokecreek at Virgin Valley, it was great to meet another wanderer. Here's a shot of Kinney Camp...

14193528041_2695110007_c.jpg
Cool. Lots of cool stuff -- including the non-natural pioneer features -- in the Sheldon area.

Left the Painted Hills this morning... Last night was nice, but no clouds this morning. Used the big glass for a little extra reach...

13986223978_8193f21087_c.jpg
Extraordinary!

I visited Eagle Falls above Emerald Bay last week for a sunrise photo op. It's a well known spot, right off the highway, but I had it to myself.
I hoped for some clouds to illuminate and color the scene, but the southern side of Tahoe was clear as the sun rose. Just a few miles north there were snow flurries at Incline Village and on the North Shore. The summit picked up a few inches that evening. I believe it was the same storm that brought Ski3pin down off the mountain.

I arrived a good 45 minutes earlier than necessary. I figured it would be best if I had some extra time. The Milky Way was hanging high above the peaks and I could see the top of Scorpio, a summer constellation peeking in the predawn sky. In hindsight I should have taken a star photo from the parking lot. Cars were coming by only one every five minutes of so.

I'm still working on my best version, and wish I had used a ND grad filter to tone down the rising sun. Camera is Canon 6D using Bower 14mm manual focus lens.

Starlight above Eagle Falls, Emerald Bay, Tahoe

Sunrise at Eagle Falls, Emerald Bay, Tahoe

Back
Top Bottom