The Wildlife Photography Thread

I'm amazed at the bear photos, Park. I also appreciate your awareness of your place in their world and hope the world will hold a place for them in our future too.

I have a backyard shot of a pileated woodpecker to share from this afternoon outside Nevada City in the Sierra foothills.
November continues dry and warm. We need rain.

Great shots Park and Lighthawk. Piliated Peckers are so sketchy, I never seem to be able to catch a good photo.

There are no bears in Baltimore so I can't get any of those great shots! Camper due in the late spring so maybe I'll find a bear or two next year:)

Keep em coming!

I am finally getting around to downloading my pictures from our Namibia expedition.
My wife love cats of any stripe so when we saw these about 400 yards away I strapped on the 500 mm Nikon lens and took a couple of shots without a tripod. The VR is an amazing feature
‘I’ll add a few more if they’re worth it..

Attachments

• 1FA762CF-455C-4A62-877D-9C292171EED3.jpeg
    1FA762CF-455C-4A62-877D-9C292171EED3.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 31
Found a few more..
please keep in mind that most of these shots were taken from several hundred yards away.
Perhaps my favorite one so far is the pair of jackets that woke us up yipping about 0500 hours. Very special..

Attachments

• 12674435-6C1D-4F2A-BCB1-E45DC453844E.jpeg
    12674435-6C1D-4F2A-BCB1-E45DC453844E.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 135DABE4-669A-4C3D-ADBE-B9CCCFF5AC9F.jpeg
    135DABE4-669A-4C3D-ADBE-B9CCCFF5AC9F.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
Nice! I was hoping to see some in the Chiricahua area last time we were there, but we were told the cougar population had really reduced the coatis. Great photos!

Never mind, I should have known you would have a report posted... Kofa

Sleep deprived from getting home after midnight today from Finland.

pvstoy said:
Where are you! ... How far South? That stump must have been placed there for that reason.

pvstoy said:
Where are you! ... How far South? That stump must have been placed there for that reason.
Haven't made it to this part of the story yet. Madera Canyon south of Tucson, and when I saw a stump placed below a bird feeder, I figured there was a reason. The coati walked across the yard, straight to it, and went to work.

Back
Top Bottom