The Wildlife Photography Thread

Northern Flicker - Male
50031070678_5fef866a4d_b.jpg

Hey Sage we have Flickers nesting in our box out back. 3 chicks, 1 female 2 males. It is starting to get hot and I'm sure they are not liking being in the box out in the open. Next season going to make a thicker box so it is cooler.

My gal has been trying to get images of the adults flying in feeding, so she has a good idea where to better position the box placement for next season.

Cheers,

Finally getting around to processing some pics I've shot over the past year. Hopefully, I haven't previously posted. Thought I'd throw them up here for viewing.

Fish%20Hawk%20Edited%20%281%20of%201%29-L.jpg

WildBurroBW%20%281%20of%201%29-L.jpg

TetonHorse%20%281%20of%201%29-denoise-L.jpg

Just got back from a two week roam around up in the Tetons and points south. I'm now living in Az so it was quite a drive up but had a great time. No Grizzly shots, or none worth posting, but I did see a lot of Moose. Had to work to get this one as I really wanted one with the Grand Teton in the background. Finally found a good size moose in the proximity of where I needed him. After a six hour wait he finally cooperated. I got very lucky that everything lined up and I still had some good light. Anyway......

Bull%20Print%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Wow Park what a fantastic shot. Was that from the Gros Ventra area?
Frank
No, it was north of the Teton Research Center. I had been shooting some in the now closed campground at Gros Ventri but couldn't get the angle I wanted. Following day found this bull in an area that would work. Got lucky on this one to have the bull in the right place. A narrative on how I got the shot is on my instagram account @parkkitchings.

I took these photos of a family of Western Screech Owls (if I’ve identified them correctly) from my kitchen window earlier this year in Salt Lake City, east of downtown. They just showed up one day and hung around for a week or so while they improving their flying ability. There were a total of 3 sub-adults, and one day I was lucky enough to catch a shot or two of an adult. You can see the difference in plumage between the adult and young. Wild critters sure learn to adapt to our environment, and seem to thrive, despite our encroachment in their environment. Hope you enjoy!

Poky

full

full

full

full

Nice Steve.We have been having a spike and doe hanging around
once in a while.Though not as nice as your friends.
Most of our wildlife excitement comes from the family of 5 turkeys
that are in our green space in back of our house.
Thanks for the photos.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom