The Wildlife Photography Thread

Thanks for this photo.
I miss going to Yellowstone.
It has to be the best place for wildlife to photograph.

Over our many years of visits,we have been lucky enough to have
come across a great deal of animals doing their thing in front of us.

Frank

I had been wanting to get a shot of a Pronghorn with some sort of decent background. I saw this buck walking along the ridgeline and followed him with my eye to the camera. When I could see some fall colors in the background I whistled wherein he froze and the shutter was pressed.

Pronghorn%20with%20colors%20%281%20of%201%29-X2.jpg

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks for this photo.
I miss going to Yellowstone.
It has to be the best place for wildlife to photograph.

Over our many years of visits,we have been lucky enough to have
come across a great deal of animals doing their thing in front of us.

Frank
Frank.....I have been going to Yellowstone for many years now in search of wildlife but not sure it's worth it anymore. The amount of people and their disregard for the animals is mind boggling. Way too many people nowadays. I think our National Parks should go to a permit system and even shut down completely for a few months each year to give the animals some reprive from the masses.

I know what you mean about the people and animals.
It's crazy what some visitors try to do.

We have gone mostly in the spring/fall time and
have had great experiences.

Not sure when we will get back,but I have a ton of
great animal photos to look at.
Thanks again for sharing.
Frank

Tule Elk - smallest of the elk subspecies in N. America - were native to California's great central valley. When Europeans arrived it is estimated the elk numbered 500,000. By 1874 it was believed they were extinct. A Bakerfield rancher discovered a small remaining herd on his ranch. 22 herds - descendants of that tiny population - are now transplanted around California, as in Owens Valley and Point Reyes National Seashore, and the current number of elk is estimated at 5700.

Lighthawk said:
Thanks for the historical perspective.
Imagine half a million elk in the Central Valley when the grasses were waist-high! Only 170 years ago.
...and all the other animals since gone... Grizzle bears and ....

Back
Top Bottom