The Wildlife Photography Thread

AWG_Pics said:
A fine coyote Steve!

Breakfast found
attachicon.gif
50991605591_c718ee515e_c.jpg
I bet you were at Ridgefield. Nice shot of the Great Egret!

Found this nesting Great Horned Owl while out exploring in the desert and have been checking back on her awaiting the hatch to get some pics of her with her young soon. She has nested about 40 feet up a sheer wall in a deep wash. I'm able to get high enough on the other side of the wash for this angle. Just far enough away as to not disturb her. This was taken at about 600 MM and cropped in processing. Hoping to get some good shots of her with much better lighting. Took this shot to just check on my angle.

GreatHornedOwlCrop%20%281%20of%201%29-L.jpg

Back to the nest early this morning and while watching her on the nest I heard the distinct "hoot" off to my left and found this guy watching me. I'm assuming it's the male. This is the first time I've seen him in the area. Every time I've gone out she's on the nest and I knew the male had to be in the area. Really hoping she has her chicks and I can get some good shots of her. The location of the nest couldn't be any better for photos so it's going to be a rare opportunity.

Owl%20Branch%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

I think you may be right. Check out that handle bar mustache and goatee. That is a really stern look you’re getting.
Good luck and keep looking over your shoulder.

Paul

Great shot Park. We have a Barn Owl nest in a Palm tree on our
morning walk.Last year was the first time in several years of watching we got to see
the chicks very cool.

This year the owl seems to be hit and miss on viewing.
Will have to wait and see.

Thanks for posting.
Frank

Hawk nest I've been monitoring over the past month. Have a photo blind which I've set up and left on site as this is a remote area. Have spent many hours over the past few weeks sitting and waiting as all you wildlife photographers can relate too. I've come away with some pretty good stuff so far and will get around to posting up. It has been a lot of fun monitoring the nest and watching the adults interact with the chick(s). Nest originally had two chicks but I witnessed the one chick kill the second smaller one. It continually pecked at it until it was gone. Mother nature can be harsh.

Hawk%20Flight%20%285%20of%201%29-L.jpg

Thanks Park for sharing your photos.
On our daily walks we monitor a couple nests
but usually don't get to see much action.

There are a couple hawks nests we watch but they stay very hidden.
We only catch slight peeks of them.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom