The Wildlife Photography Thread

27451038599_334d269ea9_b.jpg
39226531871_b91f623f2f_b.jpg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Nice, a green heron, hooded merganser and snowy!! All nice birds and photos.

longhorn1 said:
Cayuse Great photos

Thanks, the Riparian Preserve is only about 20 minutes away and seems to have lots of opportunities. Hopefully I'll be able to hone my BIF skills there as well.

Gosh, this thread has gone stale. Is everyone too busy working, retiring or refitting their rigs?

I got out last weekend for a special day with the Northern Sierra Partnership, Feather River Land Trust and Nature Conservancy in Sierra Valley. They sponsor an event for their donors, and quite a few of the staff and leadership are there too. I am invited to join them, since I have been partnering with them, sharing my wildlife and landscape photography for their use to fundraise and market and build awareness.

Sierra Valley is the largest wetland in the Sierra, with the headwaters of the Feather River. We were on the historic Bulson Ranch, a fairly recent acquisition in development. In springtime, it's possible to canoe or kayak the channels in the 2500 acre reserve. Birding is phenomenal with bald eagles, osprey, american pelican, ibis, sandhill cranes, a variety of hawks, ducks, avocets and stilts. The best birding is right now, in May.

Enough said, here's a few photos. Gallery available here

Back
Top Bottom