The Wildlife Photography Thread

Young Bucks from recent trip. Taken with IPhone:

Attachments

• lil bucks - 1.jpg
    lil bucks - 1.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 49
Andean Condors soaring above Colca Canyon, Peru.
...from a couple of days ago.

Condor-5601.jpg

Condor-5605.jpg

Condor-5636.jpg

Condor-5609.jpg Condor-5631.jpg Condor-5632.jpg
I saw up to six of these huge birds soaring together at one time.

Even without the condors, Colca Canyon -- 3rd deepest in the world by some measures -- is AWESOME!..but that's not an appropriate subject for a wildlife Topic.

Thanks, guys. :)
The friend that I'm staying with and traveling with in Peru (a semi-expat who married a Peruvian woman and is semi-permanent here) is an avid birder...he's constantly pointing out to me species that can only be found down here. But, not being a birder, it's hard for me to get too excited about little nondescript birds.

It's easy to get excited about a bird with an 8 -10 foot wingspan that weighs 30 lbs. :eek: :p
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another species that I've always taken notice of are pelicans...and these Peruvian pelicans are pretty showy.
Photo taken yesterday at Cerro Azul on the southern Peru coast.

Pelican-5742.jpg

In the 'Birds of Peru' book, Peruvians look very similar to brown pelicans...but i think these have a bigger crest...and I'm in Peru...so I'm calling these "Peruvian". But, as I said, I'm not a birder.

Pelican-5750.jpg

Our orchard has been a hangout for a nice buck and his two does. I chased them around a bit this morning, and caught him on our driveway.

Back
Top Bottom