Timbrens to Air Bags

B-Rad

Ok I am now officialy sold on Air Bags over Timbren jounce bummbers ( bump stop). I have a 2003 Dodge 1/2 ton 4X4, Hawk shell. For the first 2 years I used Timbrens and thought were great, very little sag, everything felt good. Girlfriend bought me some Air Lift air bags, WOW what a diference I am only running 15 lbs. in each bag. Its a compleatly different ride every aspect of the suspention system works better smoother, less body roll. Almost a new truck feel. I am leaving on a trip this weekend for about a week and will report back the offroad change.

Were your Timbrens making 100% contact with the axle with the shell loaded with normal running weight? I put in the spacer so contact is made under normal camper load and that way I do not get body roll or a change in feel. I went from air bags to Timbrens on my previous truck, partly to maximize offroad extension.

I only run 15 pounds with mine. If I have my trailer behind my truck I kick it up to 20 pounds.

Yes the Timbrens were in contac withe springs loaded. The Air Lift bags I got have an internal bump stop so if needed I can run them with no pressure for technical offroad driveing. I'll find out how that works this week. Hope it all works as planned.

Ok got back from our camping trip did just a little off roading nothing very extreme but did get some flex in the suspension didn't even drop the air pressure in the air bags. Still better than the timbrens, I am a little disapointed I didn't put the bags in earlier. 100% sold on air lift air bags. Sorry no pictures always forget.

Back
Top Bottom