Truck Camper ordered:)

Happyjax

Well after way too many Sundays I finally pulled the trigger.

During this last Expo East I decided on a Bundutec Sable which will be customized.

Have not tightened down all the screws but basically no water tank but a sink with a small gray tank that will be gravity fed.

Forced air heater, AGM battery, converter. (I have my 50Ah Renogy Lifepo4 box as a backup)

Using my Truckfridge that Squatch had told me about when they had gone on sale.

Lagun table and maybe an interior stove but hook ups so I can use my portable in either case.

At this time I am considering having 170watt Renogy panel with controller drop shipped for Rory to install. They carry Zamp but I am familiar with Renogy so unless someone can give me a reason that Zamp would be a better choice I'll go with what I know:)

Also getting the insulated panels for the top and a green ripstock for the popup. Camper will be gray.

There is a video for a custom Sable that will be similar. My fridge will go up front and the back unit will be all storage. Getting a 2" extension on the top so I have a teeny bit more headroom in the bed. Bed is pretty thick memory foam with storage underneath and on the sides.

Max fan in back vent over the bed. Also getting an AC. I know I may not use it much but I don't sleep well in muggy.....lol

Some of those glow steps which felt pretty sturdy at the Expo.

An exterior table which also stores Maxtrax and drops down for camping use.

Roof Rack, ladder to reach it and a small box on the back for storage.

Torklift frame mounts.

Jenn and Rory have been great to work with and I think this will be a good mix of quality, customization and price.

6 months give or take a few weeks.

Link to the video and a couple pics of that custom maxtrax table they make

Attachments

• Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Closesmd.jpg
    Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Closesmd.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 418
  • Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Open sm.jpg
    Trax Tab on Rorys Camper Open sm.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 337
Woot woot! Good for you!

Regarding Zamp... when I put 150 watts on the trailer, one of the selling points made by the rep was the quality of the solar panels. Purported to be German and higher quality, better longevity. Is that true, IDK, but it does a good job.

I see electric Happi Jac jacks on the camper in the video. I think the gears are fine, but I’m not fond of the motors. I had one that locked up (frequently), and I had to apply the factory strategy of use lots of muscle to break it loose. FWIW, my hardside camper dealer refers to them as Crappy Jacs.

We have the same windows, and while they are lighter, there are a couple of things to be aware of. First, the plastic scratches, so be careful when the brush closes in. Second, you need to have the screens rolled up to open or close the windows (be fast in buggy weather. Third, when you roll the screen up, any bugs that don’t launch are rolled up and soon a dried insect legacy (easy to remove though). All that said, I really like these windows!

Thanks Sage....

I have time for a few alterations. Suggestions always welcomed. This is the place I learned what I know and there is so much experience here one would be foolish to not take note. BTW decided to lose the tailgate and get the entire 7 feet of camper floor. Will have to do a replacement backup camera and get some kind of hitch attachment for my probable Rad Rover and some extra truck juice:)

Wow, this is great news, congratulations! The time between now and delivery will pass like the blink of an eye. :)

Very good choice, also!

I think you’ve made a good choice! Come on out to the West!
Happyjax said:
Thanks Sage....

I have time for a few alterations. Suggestions always welcomed. This is the place I learned what I know and there is so much experience here one would be foolish to not take note. BTW decided to lose the tailgate and get the entire 7 feet of camper floor. Will have to do a replacement backup camera and get some kind of hitch attachment for my probable Rad Rover and some extra truck juice:)

Congrats.

Watched the vid, and it looks to be nice camper. Good call on the grey tank and built in range. Will be a cleaner set up.

I know you've been waiting a long time for this, may it be everything you've hoped for !

I dealt with Jen, a couple years ago, when I was seriously considering a BunduKort. It was a 1/2 ton model which now is discontinued? She was great. They were very agreeable about alteration if at all possible. I ended up with a FWC Grandby Shell which is now about 80% built out.
One recommended purchase related to your new battery. A Victron 100/20 or 100/30 SmartSolar MPPT Charge Controller. IMO they are the best. What size depends on current needs but also your future needs. Your solar panels can vary but the controller can be the rock along with your battery. When is your Camper due? How are you handling your H2O supply?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075NPQHQK/ref=psdc_2236627011_t1_B07FCSTM43

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZJ3L13/ref=psdc_2236627011_t1_B07FCSTM43?th=1

Stokeme

I have 4 3 1/2 gallon water bricks which are very well made and a manageable weight for me when filled. I will get a couple more if I need them. I will also have gallon jugs for extra drinking water, amount based on location.

https://www.waterbrick.org/product/waterbrick-standard-3-5-gallon-blue/

I got a Waterport shower from Costco for $130 . Not sure how I'll attach it but it did come with the receiver gear so I can put it on the truck or just carry it where it needs to be....like in the hot sun:)

https://www.costco.com/waterport-day-tank-3.8-gallon-portable-self-pressurized-water-system-bundle.product.100491652.html

I just ordered a Battle Born 100AH LifeP04. They had a Cyber Monday blemish sale yesterday. $799. Warranty the same, free shipping. Couldn't pass it up.

I did post it here so maybe someone else had a chance at that awesome price.

Thanks for the links, I will add it to my stuff to research folder which is quite large....lol Been researching for a while:)

Looking at late April early May I think. They had several orders at Expo East. I really like the bed on that. Nice think memory foam over a storage area which gives me extra insulation:)

Powered roof which keeps me and my back very happy:)

Custom so I get it the way I think I want it...lol

20 years ago I would have bought a shell and built it up myself. Now I just wanna go places and take pictures:)

Congratulations!!!

If I worked my fingers right you receive it in May sometime - just in time for summer.

jim

The WaterBrick looks interesting. Is the regular 2 pack, 2 x 1.75 gal, or 2 x 3.5 gal? Can they detach from one another?

2 x 3.5 gallon. They aren't attached they just will seat in as you stack. I filled one 3/4 and froze it and put it in my large cooler. It kept things very cold for 4 days though it was a test so wasn't using it much. Still had some ice in it though.....

I got a 4 pack with spigot from Sam's club last year. It seemed to be a good deal. I have 3 of them filled at all times and have had no issues except one leaky top. Emailed water brick and they sent me a couple replacement seals. Took care of the problem.

If I need more water I will not hesitate to pick a couple more of these up:) I like that they also make dry storage ones and even one for pets which comes with a bowl:)

Thanks for the info. 2 x 3.5 obviously = 7. My Camper H2O tank is 7. Perfect refill for me when I would have to hand fill. I might buy 2 more or maybe get the 2 x 1.75. I like that the spigot is removable, especially nice for travel. I carry a 2gal upright fixed spigot tank for outside camp H2O use. It leaks a bit in travel. It sits in a bucket, which I need anyway, but a leaky container is annoying.

its about time!!!

I have been very happy with the Zamp products and they are based out of Bend, OR. I like keeping things local where I can.

Back
Top Bottom