Used Camper Alert Thread

Get on it! Looks like its an early 90s based on the orange sideliner? Looks in good shape for the age. A tad above your stated budget but hopefully you can swing it.

I am on it, first in line. Finding a person locally to put eyes on it for me tomorrow, will drive down late this week or weekend to BUY BUY BUY! I called him about 20 minutes after it listed.

I am on it, first in line. Finding a person locally to put eyes on it for me tomorrow, will drive down late this week or weekend to BUY BUY BUY! I called him about 20 minutes after it listed.

:)

If $6500 is your price range, this looks a good one. If you're in the LA area, it could be yours.
Four Wheel Pop-Up Camper, Grandby - $6500 (Arcadia,CA)
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/rvs/1976240334.html

We have not listed on Craig's list yet but thought we'd post here first. We are selling our 2004 Eagle. Here is what it has:

Screen door
fold out step left and right side of door
fridge (3 way)
sink with electric water pump
stove
porta-potty
roof rack
jacks
awning (side 8 ft)
optima blue top battery
charging option package (sure power with battery selector)

Price will be 5700 firm

Location is Oak Harbor WA
email: rntf@comcast.net for pictures

This has been a great camper for us and we are in no hurry to sell. We are selling because we just obtained a Sprinter converted a lot like our Eagle.

Thanks
Rick

S7302292.JPG

Not only is it not bad, but I bet you can be first in line with good communication, enthusiasm and offering more than the first in line. At this listing price, you potentially have a lot of room to bid higher.

Guess what- My 11 month hunt has now ended- I have a new camper. Seller called me back Sunday morning and told me first in line was not interested. So I took off my snug-top, threw the dog in the back seat - and did a 12 hour over and back road trip yesterday. Really happy with the unit and will start another thread. Seller was a stand up guy too- He honored his word by holding it for me until I could trek across the desert and even admitted that he should have asked for more.

Thanks so much to natJwest for his dilligent posting. Your turn is next bud!!

i assume you are searching all the CL. What is your search term(s)?
I'll write a detailed report on my searching next week. I want to do it properly to help others in the future but I'm too busy now.

Thanks so much to natJwest for his dilligent posting. Your turn is next bud!!
Sweet, TemTim! Did you just haul it home with that strap? I'm trying to figure out hauling plans for my pending pickup later this week. It's about 600 miles from home.

Sweet, TemTim! Did you just haul it home with that strap? I'm trying to figure out hauling plans for my pending pickup later this week. It's about 600 miles from home.

Bring eye bolts & a drill. Heck you could likely swing by the ATC/FWC facility if you wanted as well.

I'll write a detailed report on my searching next week. I want to do it properly to help others in the future but I'm too busy now.

I used ratchet straps as a temp way to hold it to the truck bed. Ran them from the factory bed mounts to the camper eye bolts and the one across the rear was just a feel good measure to hold in place. The tail gate will come off and it will get properly mounted.

Nothing better than driving an empty truck over and returning home with a FWC.

I go to pick up the Grandby in Grass Valley, CA on Thursday. I'll stop by the FWC factory on Friday to pick up a few bits it needs. Excited!

Steep price on a 2005 Kestrel Model: $11,000

Location is Foresthill, California (13 miles east of Auburn, California)

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/1977539156.html

Steep price on a 2005 Kestrel Model: $11,000

Location is Foresthill, California (13 miles east of Auburn, California)

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/rvs/1977539156.html

Thanks for the post as I have been looking for a Kestrel. I also found another one on the Used Four Wheel Campsite website- both of them are priced pretty steep, and the owners are firm- I will just have to keep waiting....

Early 1990s - Grandby - $2495 - Newcastle

Looks to be in very condition for it's age and price.

http://sacramento.cr...1975189246.html

"...I have a used four wheel pop up camper that fits early 2000's Dodge long bed pickups. It is garage kept and has built in camper jacks. Included are thermostat controlled heater, ice box,sink,faucet and awning if interest call John at 530 362-0744."

3mf3o63l25Y45T15W3a9q0eed3bc67848153f.jpg

I'm going down to Grass Valley tomorrow to buy it! This is my last day as a non-FWC-owning human.

Right on- have a safe trip.

Unless you find something major wrong with the camper, I think you are getting an excellent deal.

Can you post a few pics of the Grandby if you make the purchase?

Unless you find something major wrong with the camper, I think you are getting an excellent deal.

Can you post a few pics of the Grandby if you make the purchase?

Phew! After one shade-tree fuel filter replacement on the road and 16 1/2 hours after I left Portland, I'm parked in the FWC parking lot in Woodland, getting ready to bed down for the night, and stealing their wi-fi! Here's a grainy iPhone picture of the Grandby loaded in the seller's shop. More when I return to Portland.

I'm going to buy some miscellaneous bits from the factory tomorrow: a table leg (will do a dinette remodel soon), porta-potty and get some help lighting the fridge (a thousand sparks and no flame) as well as the furnace, and have Stan tell me how to run the power. Then homeward bound (with a possible stop to go mountain biking in Bend).

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 308
Back
Top Bottom