Vernal Equinox 2014 - Springtime!

Rain, rain, let it rain, heavy down pore here in Susanville and not that cold yet, snowing in the surrounding hills, maybe even in the valley later today. Probably get flood warnings later on too! Anything is better than nothing! Bet it is cold, misty and wet at Kings Canyon by now,

Smoke

In Oregon a sure-fire way to bring on late-season snow is when studded snow tires have to come off -- which is March 31.
Some years, if we have significant snow on the Cascade passes at this time, they'll extend the deadline for safety reasons. But this year, though snow is forecast, they say that Monday is the day for sure...so I'll be doing my [Honda] Civic duty on that day, like it or not. :cautious: (I have snow tires and summer tires each on their own rims, so I can do it myself.)

Sure looks like something is happening -- weather-wise -- in California, in northern CA right now:

VIS4_20140329-1.gif

takesiteasy said:
Hey all, my son is camping at King's Canyon this weekend. I'm curious what kind of weather they are likely to have. I checked the weather sites but maybe you all have an on the ground feel for it. I think they were planning to stay at the Azalea campground. His hope was to see the big trees with snow on them- looks like he will get his wish.
Here's a spot forecast for Kings -

Link Here

I did something I've never done before, put the Jeep top on in the garage. Normally helps to have it in the sun but I got er done. Pretty sure taking the top off brought on the rain. It was worth the trouble. Truck goes into the shop on Wednesday.

Smokecreek1 said:
A couple of inches of SNOW here in Susanville this morning :D ~

Smoke
The Lady has most of the deck shoveled already.............................................. ;)

montana-moods said:
Ski it may be even more effective if you can include grand kids. Renting them is the best way then you can return them just slightly dented.
Actually return them in a structurally more sound condition after all the excellent exercise. I've heard people actually pay monthly gym fees to get a nice workout like this! :)

By the way, both driveways are done and she's working toward the main road............................................

...................and now she's back from walking through the snow to Safeway for groceries. She asked this morning if I'd like an apple pie.

It's snowing in Bend this morning.

20140401-1.jpg 20140401-2.jpg

And yet, today, April 1, is the day the gubbermint wants to take away my right to run studded snow tires. The constitutional right to defend myself.
Sure they will...
...when they pry them from my cold, dead, fingers! :mad:

Yes, cold, dead fingers -- because that's what I'll get doing this DIY chore today when it's nasty and cold, instead of doing it yesterday when it was fair and warmer.
:p

13 horse 37" wide snapper blower got a work out this morning...............................springtime :)

Back
Top Bottom