Walking the Path of the Ancients

Moody

Advanced Member
Similar to what one feels when they try and describe the feelings of love for another person, it is nearly impossible to describe the feeling of being out in the wilderness. This past June, I spent a couple of nights out with my Dad, daughter Olivia, son, Zander, my father in law Steve, and some good friends near Natural Bridges National Monument. Needless to say, we all achieved that feeling. I think you know what I mean...

I haven't shared these photos with really anyone outside of the group that came with me. I find myself in constant awe with what the great state of Utah offers. I need, on a regular basis, to get back to my roots-to feel that feeling of homeostasis when you are out on the dirt, feeling the feeling out in the middle of nowhere-that everything is right, the feeling that is indescribable.

My father, John who I attribute my wanderlust to-comes along with me on these trips...I feel lucky to have not only a wonderful father, but a great friend. Despite his being legally blind (walking with a cane) he is more than willing to venture into areas unknown with me.

DSC_1317.jpg

DSC_1253.jpg

DSC_1301.jpg

DSC_1290.jpg

DSC_1258.jpg

DSC_1225.jpg

DSC_1210.jpg

DSC_1198.jpg

DSC_1186.jpg

DSC_1175.jpg

Really nice! Those vigas don't look that old - is it reconstructed?

I don't believe it is reconstructed. It is -very- well protected (from both people and the elements) as it is tucked back into a natural alcove.

Wow what a neat spot! Is that ruin within the monument? Thanks for sharing!

It isn't within the monument. It is a long, dusty drive on a dirt road followed by a hike.

Back
Top Bottom