Water pump doesn't shut off on 2015 fleet

brianjwilson

Hey guys,
I just picked up my new fleet forward dinette, loving it so far!

Last night I filled up the water tank, and allowed the water pump to run for a bit with the hot water running to fill up the water heater tank. I've run hot and cold water through all lines and do not seem to have any air in the system. But the water pump never shuts off like every other on demand water pump system I've had. With the faucets closed the pump does slow down and change to a lower pitch, but it just keeps on running. The water heater valves are positioned the way the manual shows, and no combination makes the pump stop. Of course the on off switch functions but the pump should shut off when pressurized correct?

Any ideas? Missing something stupid somewhere? There does not appear to be any leaks anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

Nice looking rig!

The pump should shut off when you turn off the faucet. That pressure switch (on the pump) is adjustable. They should have set it at the factory, but you can do it yourself. I think it's covered in the FWC manual. If not, look up the pump on the internet. You should have gotten a sheet with the model numbers of all the components. The setting is kind of touchy and I think it tends to change with time, so you may have to fiddle with it some.

Enjoy....

- Bernard

Sounds like you still have air in the system. Try connecting to city water, then letting hot water run for a bit. Sink, shower, etc. I suspect that will resolve it.

It took a lot longer than I expected to fill the water heater the first time I filled the system to sanitize it. It still takes a long time to do when I drain it, but I expect it now.

I can't say for sure why it takes so much longer than in your, or mine, previous camper.

Make sure to close the valve that is used to return water to the tank when you drain the hot water tank for winterization. Otherwise, you'll just pump water around and around.

As said above, I'd vote for playing with the valves some more, preferably after drinking a dozen beers. When I first showered with my 14 Fleet, I had them positioned incorrectly and it caused low pressure at the shower head, and the pump wouldn't stop. Good luck!

I never moved the valves again, but after running a bunch more hot water it finally shut off. I must not have purged the hot water tank enough the first time.

We searched for the house for a long time, had to have a 3 car garage with an 8' door. It is so nice to have it fit in the garage even with a rack!

Nice rig Brian - congrats.
I too am jealous because I don't have a garage....Just a carport.
At least it fits under it to keep sun off it.

I know this question is off topic, but what color interior did you get in your FWC? Do you have pictures? I have a Tacoma and I am debating on what interior to get. The Silver Spur or the standard.

Back
Top Bottom