Water tank 4 lights ?,

dennis 221

Returning from trip i washed the hiway for a couple hundred miles draining water tank.next day attached shower opened sink hot an cold attached less than 50 psi air hose an blew out left over water. ok..so today went inside an pushed water level button an It read 1/4 / one red light. All 3 spickets have been open for 2 weeks. So my question. Does that 4th light (1/4) ever turn off once you have filled the water tank an drain it???

The water tank will not completely empty. The drain line is not on the bottom of the tank, so 2+/- gallons will remain in the tank. If you are winterizing you will need to run 3-4 gallons of RV Antifreeze through the lines, leaving the rest in the water tank.

If you know where the tank drain is on the tank, you could probably get most of that last two gallons to drain by parking the truck on a hill with the tank outlet low. Might have to blow it out if that orientation is not ideal for the drain line.

I don't think there is any issue with leaving the last gallon or two in the water tank - there is plenty of space for it to expand when it freezes and it won't damage anything.

We have never used antifreeze in the camper, because we use the camper in the winter. We blow out the shower fitting with compressed air in the autumn and have added shut off valves on those lines. We then just drain the tank and run the pump dry - no issues in 5 winters of doing this.

I no longer have the FWC monitor panel, so I can't answer your question about the LEDs.

rando said:
I don't think there is any issue with leaving the last gallon or two in the water tank - there is plenty of space for it to expand when it freezes and it won't damage anything.

We have never used antifreeze in the camper, because we use the camper in the winter. We blow out the shower fitting with compressed air in the autumn and have added shut off valves on those lines. We then just drain the tank and run the pump dry - no issues in 5 winters of doing this.

I no longer have the FWC monitor panel, so I can't answer your question about the LEDs.
I agree with this and have had the same experience.

On my main water tank the drain is at the bottom of the tank therefore all the water
should drain out.
I have never checked the "lights" when I have drained the tank to see if it shows water still in it.

Rando's thoughts about the amount of water left in the tank,there sure is enough room for expansion
should the water freeze. I don't personally have a freezing problem.
As I live in a temperate winter area.

Great thread though.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom