Wave heater reviews

Fuel consumption: I have recently spent 7 nights in the Grandby, Wave 3 on low pretty much once the sun goes down until the morning starts to warm a bit. Around freezing most mornings. I also used the stove to heat a pot of water every morning and some minimal cooking and used 2 gallons of propane. So that looks like a good two weeks of keeping warm in the cold air per tank. I did run it a few hours on the higher setting. Also someone I ran into the past week said that you can actually turn the Wave lower the the detent low setting for more efficient use, didn't try that yet.

Interesting stats Barko, I'm sitting at 7 nights with ~12-15 hours per night usage with my Wave 3 (probably with more time on high setting though) and similar stove usage...my tank "feels" pretty empty but I have yet to fill it. It usually has more left than I think...that would be outstanding if I could pull another week of similar usage but I'm not too sure. I'll post when I get the tank filled soon.

Interesting stats Barko, I'm sitting at 7 nights with ~12-15 hours per night usage with my Wave 3 (probably with more time on high setting though) and similar stove usage...my tank "feels" pretty empty but I have yet to fill it. It usually has more left than I think...that would be outstanding if I could pull another week of similar usage but I'm not too sure. I'll post when I get the tank filled soon.

As a follow up, i filled up my propane tank today, it still had 1.5 gallons in it, i was somewhat surprised. I probably had 2-3 heavy use nights left in it. Good to know I'm good for ~10 days of heavy use.

Back
Top Bottom