Well it's time to get rid of Winter and onto Spring

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
IMG_5187.jpeg

For those members in the snow/cold a little sunlight and flowers.

Spring starts tomorrow so it's time to say Good By Winter.
Hopefully this year getting out will be back to near normal.
Enjoy.

Frank

I was hoping for another 3 weeks of below freezing weather.
We walk wetlands and small ponds in the winter, places we can't go when it is warm. The beagle went 'swimming' yesterday, LOL. Nose to the ground, not paying attention to anything else following the track of a muskrat right into open water in the pond. Surprised both of us. Didn't seem to bother him; climbed out, shook off, and kept on trucking.
Slushy season is worst for walking a dog.

JaSAn said:
I was hoping for another 3 weeks of below freezing weather.
We walk wetlands and small ponds in the winter, places we can't go when it is warm. The beagle went 'swimming' yesterday, LOL. Nose to the ground, not paying attention to anything else following the track of a muskrat right into open water in the pond. Surprised both of us. Didn't seem to bother him; climbed out, shook off, and kept on trucking.
Slushy season is worst for walking a dog.
I thought you guys were still in sub freezing weather?
This climate stuff sure is weird.
Frank

I'm not going to post on this spring topic until tomorrow when it actually IS [meteorological] spring.
... DOH!!

Wish it would hurry up here!!! lot's of places in the valley that don't get allot of sun still got snow-but at least now I can find a patch of sun to sit and bask in :love:! Mountains still got snow and that big round wonderful bright white full moon sure lights up the place at night, yep must me nearing time to put my Soral boots away.

Smoke

Right on cue our crocus flowers are in bloom and the first daffodil opened today. Went out to do some BIF (birds in flight) photography today at the local refuge and had to lose the down vest, Just a wool shirt. This is all good.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Great! That means tomorrow, all the snow will be gone.
If that is a C-Dory hiding under that lean-to, better get it ready for spring time duties. :)

Fish are waiting somewhere.

Paul

Oh spring...
Yesterday over 60 degrees, woke to a trace of snow on the ground. Now at noon back up to 48 degrees. Looks like a roller coaster for the week ahead.

Spring in southern Louisiana -- Cajun Country:
After some kayak paddling on the Vermillion River this afternoon, which got me a little warm, I almost turned on the A/C in my "camper". Temperature was about 80°F with 65% RH. But I resisted that noisy option and just turned a little fan on me. Good enough.

We are starting to melt out the snow here in the valley in east Idaho at 6200' - did fish the South Fork Snake yesterday and paddle the canoe upriver on the Teton today. Lot's of ice banks on the Teton, but plenty of open water. Glad to have the melt beginning!

Grand Isle, LA Severe Weather Alert

Active Weather Alerts

TORNADO WATCH

ISSUED: 7:21 PM MAR. 17, 2021 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
TORNADO WATCH 35 REMAINS VALID UNTIL 9 PM CDT THIS EVENING FOR
THE FOLLOWING AREAS

THIS WATCH INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS

LAKE PONTCHARTRAIN AND LAKE MAUREPAS LAKE BORGNE
BRETON SOUND
COASTAL WATERS FROM PORT FOURCHON LA TO LOWER ATCHAFALAYA RIVER
LA OUT 20 NM
COASTAL WATERS FROM THE SOUTHWEST PASS OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
TO PORT FOURCHON LOUISIANA OUT 20 N
I'm camped on Grand Isle, Louisiana -- in my first ever tornado watch! Radar shows the storm action is passing to the west and north... which is just as well, I suppose. ;)

IMG_20210317_204003.jpg

They've dropped the tornado watch for my area, but the 'regular' storm finally got here. Raining pretty hard with lightning and thunder.
I'm at the blue dot:
IMG_20210317_224932.jpg
IMG_20210317_231155.jpg

Nice to be cozy inside a fiberglass shell.

Back
Top Bottom