White Pocket

photohc

Can anyone comment on how tough or easy this drive will be with a FWC Hawk on the back of a F150 FX4 (4x4)? I'm hoping to make this drive in early October.

Some real sandy stretches. If it's been dry they will be soft and deep. Good ground clearance is helpful, the tow operator in Kanab pulls a lot of rental SUVs out. I haven't done it with my Tacoma/FWC but my FJ with OME lift and lockers made it ok.

There are three ways in. Been there a few times and three times have towed my trailer with the 4 Runner and camp for the week, get a lot of stares and question, how did you get that in here?. Lots of deep soft sand and one should lower the air pressure and have a compressure to fill them back up. Have all you personal recover stuff and a shovel. I also bring 4 max traxs. You may not need that stuff for yourself but you will if there is a person stuck in front of you, there is only room for one vehicle In most places and can not go around. I would like to go back next year. Last trip brought a friend and he drove a Toyota T-100 and FWC Hawk.

Went in there in the spring of 2015 with our Frontier and Eagle. No problem. Definitely sandy, but with good tires and if you air down you should be fine. Keep your momentum up in the deep sand areas.

Back
Top Bottom