Winter Solstice 2014

Well, Boston got it I guess, the rain (not snow) we were supposed to get here in Suzieville today, sort of petered out it seem! Maybe next time :p !

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
Well, Boston got it I guess, the rain (not snow) we were supposed to get here in Suzieville today, sort of petered out it seem! Maybe next time :p !

Smoke
Little rain here and 46°

ski3pin said:
Little rain here and 46°
Temperatures are moving a little more towards normal -- it's 36° at my place in Bend...but that's still at least 10° warmer than average for here and now.

Made it home last night and we have some light rain here this morning. We were able to rebook to a Monday departure. Most of the flights and airports were shutting down Monday night. We spend way too much time over the years at airports, and that is not a place I would want a extended stay at. It is always good to be home!

Something like seven thousand flights affected? I'd hate to be the logistics people that have to straighten that mess out. Glad you made it back.

Sunny here-AGAIN-and supposed to be in the 50's today. Ah, maybe just a little bit of at least some rain or snow :( . What do they say, this is one of the driest Januaries on record. At least the weather is good to explore with, yep, time to go WTWing somewhere :D !

Smoke

I hate how it goes. I have the time. Headlights on the truck stopped working (run from the electronic control module or whatever its called or I'd have it fixed by now) and I have a water leak. Sun is out. Looks like a nice day.

So, we're getting precipitation in the PNW right now (seems to stop at the OR-CA border -- sorry California), as the satellite view shows below and as WS posted here,

VIS4_20150201-1.gif

but it's too warm for real snow at all but the highest elevations:
Mt. Bachelor Ski Area temperatures at 12:30 p.m.:
mt-bachelor_20150201-1.jpg

...a condition as described in the news story linked in my previous post.

:(

It rained today :p ! IT RAINED TODAY :love: ! Went to bed last night-clear and cold, got up this morning and noted the back deck was wet and that I left the trap off of the wood pile and got it on just as the rain really came down, Did I tell you it rained today :D !

Smoke

Not here. They're saying maybe Friday. I love the way they're hedging their bets now. We may get .75 of rain or we may get nothing. I could forecast that!

I saw this quote (something close to it) on Oregon Wild's FB page just now:

When the Well’s dry, we know the Worth of Water
- Benjamin Franklin, in Poor Richard’s Almanack (1746)

Amen, Ben.

I'm thinking I should go camping more often. I arranged to spend time at Bodega Bay at the beginning of December. Got buckets of rain, flooding in creeks, etc. Scheduled my next trip for this weekend...Bodega again, 'coz it's relatively close to the ancient mom and has phone contact. Sure enough, just look at the forecast! It's my good ol' weather jinx kicking in.

Mind you, I'm not complaining...

NWS Forecast for: Bodega Bay CA
Issued by: National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area/Monterey, CA
Last Update: 4:42 am PST Feb 3, 2015
12.gif
Today

bkn.png

Mostly
Cloudy
Hi 62 °F Tonight

nfg.png

Patchy
Fog
Lo 50 °F Wednesday

sctfg.png

Patchy
Fog
Hi 58 °F Wednesday
Night

nra20.png

Slight Chc
Rain
Lo 53 °F Thursday

ra90.png

Heavy
Rain
Hi 59 °F Thursday
Night

nra90.png

Heavy
Rain
Lo 57 °F Friday

ra100.png

Heavy
Rain
Hi 60 °F Friday
Night

nra.png

Rain
Likely
Lo 58 °F Saturday

ra.png

Heavy
Rain
Hi 60 °F

Special Weather Statement
Hazardous Weather Outlook

Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Northwest wind 5 to 13 mph.

Tonight: Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 50. Northwest wind 3 to 7 mph.

Wednesday: Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming south southeast 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.

Wednesday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. East southeast wind around 10 mph.

Thursday: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 59. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 16 to 21 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 57. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 60. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Friday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 58. Breezy.

Saturday: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a high near 60.

Saturday Night: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a low around 57.

Sunday: Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Monday: A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 61.

Point Forecast: Bodega Bay CA
38.33°N 123.05°W (Elev. 3 ft)
Visit your local NWS office at: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr

Absolutely. I regard my weather jinx as a gift. That's why I think I should go camping more often--I could break the drought. During my backpacking youth I considered hiring myself out to test the storm-proofing of tents and other outdoor gear, 'coz I so consistently brought down storms when I headed out...

Back
Top Bottom