With the in laws on the road..

Phil

We are getting ready to pick up the in laws in San Francisco, taking them on a trip to the Sequoia National Park, back to Big Sur, down the coast.
Well, that is gonna take us some time.
Does anyone have any experience with five adults (sister in law, too) in a Grandby FW Camper?
Help me to get prepared without alcohol. :D
We are gonna stay outside, enjoying the outdoors most of the time anyways.
Looking for advise for sleeping arrangements. Any ideas?
Phil

Hmmmm

I only have experience with 2 "full-size" adults (200#+). It got a little "snug" if the person on the upper bunk had to visit nature in the middle of the night and the person on the lower bunk used ALL of the lower bunk...

I'd recommend bringing a tent (or 2) along too. 5 people inside the Grandby could get a little "close" and the extra tent could prove a godsend at some point to give everyone a little extra space (if needed).

Other than that I'm interested to see how it goes.

What he said, an extra tent for an escape, that and a thermarest. Given where you are headed I am assuming some precipitation so a cheap tent might make matters worse. You don't need to worry about a few extra #s so a taller tent makes life more comfy.

We are getting ready to pick up the in laws in San Francisco, taking them on a trip to the Sequoia National Park, back to Big Sur, down the coast.
Well, that is gonna take us some time.
Does anyone have any experience with five adults (sister in law, too) in a Grandby FW Camper?
Help me to get prepared without alcohol. :D
We are gonna stay outside, enjoying the outdoors most of the time anyways.
Looking for advise for sleeping arrangements. Any ideas?
Phil

DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT

Attachments

• suprema_2015_r3.jpg
    suprema_2015_r3.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 426
Take a tent and be prepared to sleep in it for the duration. You'll be FAR more comfortable than the rest of the family will be in the FWC! LOL.

Are we there yet?

Tent. And good, comfy earplugs. You never know who is gonna snore in the chilly air. Bring the earplugs for everyone.

Great HELP

I ear plugs on the list. I will pick up a good tent. I will send pics when we get back.:eek:

Remember tequila it just isn't for breakfast anymore.

I admire people who are willing to take big risks, and maybe do something a little dangerous, and spending a few days in a FourWheel camper with your mother in law sounds pretty dangerous to me. I'll say it again, DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT.

Godspeed

Married Life isn't for the week at heart. Sally forth my brave soul. I have a Granby and I can't visualize 5 adults from our two families sleeping comfortably. It will take a sense of humor and will make a great story.

It's getting closer

I left out a few details.
We are leaving to San Francisco on April 16th.
My in laws don't speak English, I don't speak any German... It is only there second trip to the US. My sister in law is nineteen. So it is not going to be toooo bad.. :).
Well here is my thoughts for the first night. Wife, sister in law, me top bunk, in laws bottom. If that doesn't work, we are prepared with a pretty good tent.
And I got a good hand full of ear plugs today. And Whiskey! Thanks fisherman!!!
Keep you updated,
Phil

Wow....I just can't wait for the trip report with pictures!!!:D

Good luck and have a good time. Maybe you'll be speaking German by the end of the trip.

Thanks, I wanna take my dog, a schnauzer, so I have someone to talk to, but I can't find a square inch to put him..
And just wait, I will send tons of pictures, detailed.

We've slept three adult family members in the top bunk of our 2002 Hawk and two adults on the fold out couch.

If you have a crew cab and a shorter person, there's always the back seat...

Thanks, I wanna take my dog, a schnauzer, so I have someone to talk to, but I can't find a square inch to put him..
And just wait, I will send tons of pictures, detailed.

The dog could sleep in the truck cab. Hey, it could sleep under the truck with you if you find the camper and the tent are too full.

You may want to buy a box of earplugs. A hand full doesn't sound like enough (pun intended).

Take the dog!!

There's plenty of space in the cab for the ride (5 people + small dog/6 seats). You'll regret not having him!

Sides if you do use the tent, there will be even more room.

48 Hours and counting down for departuer

:eek: Well thanks for all the advice . My check list: lots of ear plugs, tent in case I need to escape and get some sleep. Tequila, oh lots of that :thumb: Well I hope I dont loose my mind :D or maybe I will learn German. I will post some pics when I return.

Pictures of my FWC

Here are a few pictures

Attachments

• P4080087.jpg
    P4080087.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 208
  • P4110106.jpg
    P4110106.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 215
  • P4110105.jpg
    P4110105.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 213