WTW October Pork Rally

I'm hitting the road tomorrow morning and will have limited Internet access after that. If anyone needs any info please contact me today.

Hi everyone. For thoughs of you that are attending the Pork Fest, could you all bring plenty of ICE as it is looking like the weather is going to be warmer than anticipated. This way we can keep all the YUMMY stuff nice and COLD. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

marc, AKA fire proof :)

You must be getting a different forecast than I am. Supposed to cool down into the seventies for the weekend, and that valley temps.

And today, they say "well, it seems its going to be warmer than we were forecasting".

Mid october, I'd plan for close to freezing temps early in the morning. Warm afternoon. Cooling quickly once the sun goes down. This is time to bring a bit of everything. Heavy jacket, medium jacket, light jacket. Shorts but don't plan on wearing them long.

Btw, forecast now calls for possibility of showers on sunday.

P.S. Was hoping to head out tonight, but too much work left and too tired Should hit the road fairly early in the morning.

I'll be heading out, towards down there, Friday morning...but not crack-of-dawn and I'm not gonna rush -- I'm on vacation -- :D the beginning of two weeks...so I don't expect to arrive at Pork Point until Saturday morning/mid-day.
See ya there. :)
(I'll be the one bringing homemade pies and ice cream. :cool: )

Hope you all had a great time...
and that Cari and I can join you if there is another outing next October. We just need more notice as it would have to be part of a vacation since we are about 12 to 14 hours' drive away.

My first WTW Rally was a great way to kick off a two-week vacation... Thanks guys, especially those most-responsible (MarcXP, Cort?) for making the pig happen! :)

pigroast.jpg

Fall color in the aspens was/is spectacular as I drove on over 88 then 89 over Monitor Pass and down 395 -- now fueling in Bridgeport. It's cloudy/rainy here, as forecast, but forecast to be nice/partly-cloudy from Tuesday on.
Later.

Mark,

Glad to hear you had a good start. You will continue to be impressed with the fall colors as you head down 395. Your timing and location are perfect. Thanks for the pics. Good to see it all in action. Any info on the rig in the background of the photo with Marc and Cort?

Mark,

Glad to hear you had a good start. You will continue to be impressed with the fall colors as you head down 395. Your timing and location are perfect. Thanks for the pics. Good to see it all in action. Any info on the rig in the background of the photo with Marc and Cort?

Ted,

The rig in the photo is a custom Volvo Expedition vehicle (http://www.menrad-international.com/english/our-vehicle/) owned by a couple from Germany (Rita & Rudi). XP Mark (Now known as "Fall Down Mark") invited them to the rally, wonderful folks, and we think they had a good time. They are on a 10 year journey around the world.
What you should be questioning is what's with all the pink around DD.. Notice pink cap on his head, and all the pink decorations around his camper....Hmmmm.
A good time was had by all. I'll post a few more pictures tomorrow, after I recover for 24 hours.

Attachments

• pig1.jpg
    pig1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 217
  • pig2.jpg
    pig2.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Pig3.jpg
    Pig3.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 207
Thanks, Bob. I checked out their website. What an amazing adventure!.

Love the photos of the pink flamingos around DD's camper and him in the pink hat. Can't wait to hear that story. Maybe we should change his name from Captain Leisure to Pretty in Pink?

Hmmmm. You need to recover. Marc is now "Fall Down Marc". Sounds like no livers were spared at this gathering.

Thanks, Bob. I checked out their website. What an amazing adventure!.

Love the photos of the pink flamingos around DD's camper and him in the pink hat. Can't wait to hear that story. Maybe we should change his name from Captain Leisure to Pretty in Pink?

Hmmmm. You need to recover. Marc is now "Fall Down Marc". Sounds like no livers were spared at this gathering.

Hi Ted,

Aaron's OFFICIAL name is now the "Flamingo Kid". Where were U ???.Your own backyard and a NO SWOW, hum, maybe next time Donna will give ya a hall pass for the weekend. :D

The Flamingo Kid, eh? I like it. :LOL:

Yeah, we were bummed but had prior commitments. Not donna's fault, it was an annual event we attend for the dog rescue group we are involved with. Found a potential adoptee that will fit in with KC and Diego - 135 lbs! Just not sure how he will fit in the camper. Thought about making a quick run up Friday night but ended up taking advantage of a non camping weekend. Had the truck in for service and detailed the camper. I sent some goodies up with Craig at least.

A few more pics:

Marty & Don from ATC

Part of the gang:
The Flamingo Kid, Marc, Mike, Rita, Rudi, & XP Marc

Prepping the pig:
Craig, Cort, & XP Marc

Attachments

• Pig4.jpg
    Pig4.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Pig5.jpg
    Pig5.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 202
  • Pig 6.jpg
    Pig 6.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 169
More:
Flamingo Kid, & XP Marc

Guest of Honor

Libations..Early on...

Attachments

• Pig 7.jpg
    Pig 7.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 155
  • pig8.jpg
    pig8.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Pig9.jpg
    Pig9.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 158
More...

Don't Ask, Don't Tell ??

Home made Pie and Ice Cream thanks to MarkBC.

The creek next to the campground.

Another great rally.....There's more pictures, but I think they're worth a lot more if I Don't post them :unsure:

Attachments

• pig 10.jpg
    pig 10.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 153
  • pig 11.jpg
    pig 11.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 164
  • pig 12.jpg
    pig 12.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 151
Just these teaser photos and nothing in the trip reports. I'm seeing a few new monikers but other than that - nada. So is this a situation where Deltarat was the only ones sober enough to take photos and recover since the weekend? Or is more of a Craig got his wish and what happens in camp stays in camp?

I mean c'mon, no one has even mentioned how the pig came out! :unsure:

Just these teaser photos and nothing in the trip reports. I'm seeing a few new monikers but other than that - nada. So is this a situation where Deltarat was the only ones sober enough to take photos and recover since the weekend? Or is more of a Craig got his wish and what happens in camp stays in camp?

I mean c'mon, no one has even mentioned how the pig came out! :unsure:

Bad news for some, but I remember most of what transpired. Report to come in the next couple days.

Back
Top Bottom