Yakima towers and landing pads on clearance

Vic

camping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range
I suspect many, like me, got the Yakima tracks installed for a TBD use. Just noticed that REI has the control towers and the landing pads on clearance, plus another 30 percent off this weekend, ends up being about half off. I intended to just piece my set together from used pieces at garage sales, etc, but at these prices I'll just get shiny new ones.

Now I just need to find something to put up there :)

Thanks Vic!

Great price - I've been watching the local classifieds for the last couple months. No good deals.

Vic said:
I suspect many, like me, got the Yakima tracks installed for a TBD use. Just noticed that REI has the control towers and the landing pads on clearance, plus another 30 percent off this weekend, ends up being about half off. I intended to just piece my set together from used pieces at garage sales, etc, but at these prices I'll just get shiny new ones.

Now I just need to find something to put up there :)
Thanks for posting this. I am on the REI web site looking at them now. :)

Happy to help. Glad some fellow members could take advantage of the deal.

What length crossbars are you going to go with? I am thinking I need the 86" set.

Sadly those aren't on clearance, but keep watching Craigslist for them.

Vic said:
Happy to help. Glad some fellow members could take advantage of the deal.

What length crossbars are you going to go with? I am thinking I need the 86" set.

Sadly those aren't on clearance, but keep watching Craigslist for them.
I use 72" cross bars on a 75" wide fleet. Didn't want the bars sticking out over the camper. Like other folks on the forum, I used aluminum tubing. Cheaper than the Yakima bars and much lighter. A 25lb Yakima basket is attached and carries stuff I don't want in the camper- waders, firepan, etc.

I just got through ordering the Control Towers and Landing Pad #1. The discount code didn't apply since the member's deal doesn't start until March 18. I contacted REI to cancel the order, and they told me that it (the deal) wouldn't apply since they're already discounted 20%! So I didn't cancel. Same diff.
Total came to $247.98 with tax. Four towers, four pads. Shipping free.
I hope they're the right ones. My ATC is currently under construction!
Thanks for the info, billharr.

Got my towers and pads in the mail. Stupid expensive but really nice quality, fit and finish. It is nice working with quality products. Haven't installed yet but looks like that will be pretty easy.

I'll have to look harder at the alum. tubing option. My eventual plan is 2 Kayaks with a lift mechanism.

Back
Top Bottom