Yet another ATC on the way

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
It’s official, I’m on the list for a full size ATC Shell. It’s going to be Spartan on the inside, except for a furnace/stove, and a passenger side storage bench for batteries and some gear.

thx WS. you would'nt happen to have a layout design?
i am thinking of doing something similar, but am having brain freeze on design.

goinoregon said:
thx WS. you would'nt happen to have a layout design?
i am thinking of doing something similar, but am having brain freeze on design.
The layout is floating around in Marty’s and my mind. I want the furnace with stove on top to sit in the driver side back corner, but not sure about the propane locker. Right now, I’m thinking in the driver side front corner. I also want a tee fitting in the propane line so I can add possibly add a catalytic heater if needed.

The bench will run down the passenger side towards the door, but leaving a a space to store the PortaPotti. I’m thinking 22” to 24” top surface, 2 segments, piano hinged the length, to store batteries and loose gear. Carpet on the top.

Location of the thermostat and USB/12VDC outlets near the front wall. I’m hoping to make the bed a NS layout.

Hope that helps!

i went with the atc shell, and had them put what i think is their std propane door in. its on driver side, middle of camper. i am thinking, that a better place is in the back corner, so you can have the propane closer, more out of the way. with it in the middle, i figure i need to configure the shelves all the way out for the whole length of that side of the camper.

Never give up! Never surrender! Sounds like a great new travel-box Steve. Just the essentials.

Sage congratulations.... Welcome back to popup life! Your two little ones are going to love going out with you looking for birds and such.

Nice - we have a Cougar on order that will be mostly a shell and I plan on finishing the build. Have been trying to decide where to put the propane locker. It is mid-ships on our Ocelot and I built the shelving around it, but am thinking the front drivers corner would keep it out of the way more. will spend time this winter figuring out the other bits and pieces.

Taku said:
Nice - we have a Cougar on order that will be mostly a shell and I plan on finishing the build. Have been trying to decide where to put the propane locker. It is mid-ships on our Ocelot and I built the shelving around it, but am thinking the front drivers corner would keep it out of the way more. will spend time this winter figuring out the other bits and pieces.
I am also thinking about that corner for the propane locker. If it’s going to be lower than the cabinet with the furnace and stove, have Marty build it with a small top opening storage space to bring the corners to the same height. I might run a removable counter between the them. The only other addition to the interior will be a long low top loading cabinet along the passenger side for batteries and gear. It will be at the same height as the ledge that extends over the bed. In essence making a bench for seating. My goal is to maximize floor space.

Let’s compare ideas.

Taku said:
That's where I put my propane cabinet on my Puma build. It has worked out well having it up front.

Back
Top Bottom