You know you're a geezer when.......................

Safety razor, we don't need no stinking safety razor.

My Dad taught me to use a folding straight edge razor, a ceramic cup of soap with a brush and a strop to sharpen the straight edge. Alas, my hands are no longer stable enough to use that device without a trip to the E-Room, so, now I'm just a Norelco guy... sadly it's just not the same. So, that's why I didn't recognize it, that's my story and I'm sticking to it

......................when you look back fondly on all those years of cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood and don't miss it one bit.

... when you come full circle in the geezer life cycle...

At age 4 success is . . . not piddling in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . . having friends.
At age 17 success is . having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is . . having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . . having friends.
At age 80 success is . . not piddling in your pants.

ski3pin said:
......................when you look back fondly on all those years of cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood and don't miss it one bit.
As one of four and the only boy, the firewood splitting and stacking was my chore. I was too small and skinny to wield an 8 lb splitting maul before around age 14, so for a good 6 years prior to that, I used an 8 lb sledgehammer and wedges. I didn't have to swing the sledgehammer in the manner a maul needs to be wielded, so I got by---barely.

Foy

When you must scroll down for more than 5 seconds before your year of birth appears on a pulldown menu box.....

Seems okay to me. I've probably posted this earlier (to lazy to look) but your post reminded me of it.

• Old age is golden, or so I’ve heard said,
    But sometimes I wonder, as I crawl into bed,
    With my ears in a drawer, my teeth in a cup,
    My eyes on the table until I wake up.
    As sleep dims my vision, I say to myself:
    Is there anything else I should lay on the shelf?
    But, though nations are warring, and Congress is vexed,
    We’ll still stick around to see what happens next!

How do I know my youth is all spent?
    My get-up-and-go has got up and went!
    But, in spite of it all, I’m able to grin
    And think of the places my getup has been!
When I was young, my slippers were red;
I could kick up my heels right over my head.
When I was older my slippers were blue,
But still I could dance the whole night through.
Now I am older, my slippers are black.
I huff to the store and puff my way back.
But never you laugh; I don’t mind at all:
I’d rather be huffing than not puff at all!

• How do I know my youth is all spent?
I get up each morning and dust off my wits,
Open the paper, and read the Obits.
If I’m not there, I know I’m not dead,
So I eat a good breakfast and go back to bed!

• How do I know my youth is all spent?

It was quite some time ago...so I guess I've been a "geezer" for a long time...

But, when your then 17yo daughter asks you if you knew Paul McCartney was in band before Wings!?

A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder
This is how it manifests:
I decide to water my garden.
... As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and
decide my car needs washing.
.... As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the
porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier.
... I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. ... I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. ... So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. ... But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as ! ! well pay the bills first. ... I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only check left.
... My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the
house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi that I had been drinking.... I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.... I see that the Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold... As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered.... I set the Pepsi down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning.... I decide I better ! ! put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to
water the flowers.... I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table... I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.... I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.... So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. ... Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.... At the end of the day:
* the car isn't washed! !
* the bills aren't paid
* there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter
* the flowers don't have enough water,
* there is still only 1 check in my checkbook,
* I can't find the remote,
* I can't find my glasses,
* and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
... Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm
really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really
tired. ... I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

Back
Top Bottom