You know you're a geezer when.......................

When you think this new thread is really cool only to find you liked a quote on the 5th page......lol
Uh ohhh

img_144109_0_d3b0b8d0fa9a98b19380059d91ae20dd.jpg

..........................when your childhood punishments have become your goals - going to bed early, not leaving the house, not going to the party............................

ski3pin said:
..........................when your childhood punishments have become your goals - going to bed early, not leaving the house, not going to the party............................
Looks like I was a geezer at about age 40. ;)

Alley-Kat said:
I have no idea... glad to know I'm not that old!
I do know that I don't think I'm going to sit on it.
yup, I guess I'm not a geezer after all.................................................

Alley-Kat, you've got a couple months on me, I'm surprised you don't recognize it. Mr. 3pin, you're a history buff, I'm shocked you don't know.

A hint... It's mostly for guys, but a few of the ladies might of used it as well.

Alley-Kat said:
Well, I'm glad you're only "surprised".

Even if I had lived in the old west of 1880's, I think I'd still prefer to use the therapeutic papers than that thing.
Hmmmmm, therapeutic papers.... Nope no connection to that in any form, but it is hygiene related.

I'm going to hazard a guess. I used to have a similar device, handed down from my dad:

It's a safety razor blade strop; used to sharpen the blade before shaving.

Never used it but I remember hearing my dad turning the crank in the morning. Only used a safety razor a few times.

strop low.jpg

Sorry, this is the only picture I could find of it. Doesn't show much.

If I didn't use it am I still a geezer?

jim

Ding, ding ding... We have a winner!!!!! Jim, you got it!

Remember the old Gillette Blue Blades that went in the double edged safety razor. This one was my grandfather's.

And no, it doesn't make you a geezer unless you want to be a geezer :D

Back
Top Bottom