You know you're a geezer when.......................

ntsqd said:
I think I'm gonna start whispering "I see dead people..... " to all of the youngsters at work.....
Just don’t do it around the time you’re facing a RIF or lay-off. We had to “counsel” a supervisor who didn’t get it.

You know you’re a geezer when you’re so old you remember seeing the first issue of Mad Magazine at newsstands.

(I just read they are ceasing new issues)

I'm currently in upstate NY and just attended my 50th HS reunion does that qualify me as a geezer?

Attachments

• reunion.jpg
    reunion.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 62
Wandering Sagebrush said:
You know you’re a geezer when you’re so old you remember seeing the first issue of Mad Magazine at newsstands.
(I just read they are ceasing new issues)
Wife and I just spent time in Hawaii. While mindlessly shopping in Paia, Maui, a thirty-something dad picks up a small poster and asks me, “do you know who this is?” Why yes, that’s Alfred E. Neuman from MAD magazine I respond. His motto was “what...me worry?”

This was followed by a far off stare and crickets...I moved on shaking my head.

camelracer said:
I'm still pissed that my mom tossed my Mad collection when I went off to college.
I'd be pissed too. Imagine our annoyance when our mother threw away my sister's Beatles albums, including the original mono recording of "Meet the Beatles".

An interesting thought:

The best forecast of the future that I read when young was: Mad Magazine

Ditto ...my mom gave away my Lionel Trains (probably worth a fortune now) when I went to college,.

craig333 said:
What is it with Mothers? Mine tossed my sisters comic book collection.
I still have my Amazing Spiderman collection, #2-125 or so. I remember my father always telling to stop wasting my money on comics!

When a surgeon puts a six inch cut in your hip and slaps some metal in there. Only 61 do I qualify?

Back
Top Bottom