You know you're a geezer when.......................

Moose Dog said:
Okay, and part two for me: you know you're a geezer when you're additionally informed that a bit of your father's stuff - and your own, since you poached the extras - is ALSO behind display glass as part of a " look what they used " exhibition in a terminal in Denver Airport.

Really glad they told me that before I went through Denver airport and saw bits and pieces from our garage on display passing by whilst walking down a moving sidewalk ...talk about the twilight zone...
That must have been a shock.
Frank

Moose Dog said:
Okay, and part two for me: you know you're a geezer when you're additionally informed that a bit of your father's stuff - and your own, since you poached the extras - is ALSO behind display glass as part of a " look what they used " exhibition in a terminal in Denver Airport.

Really glad they told me that before I went through Denver airport and saw bits and pieces from our garage on display passing by whilst walking down a moving sidewalk ...talk about the twilight zone...
That is pretty darn neat! :)

Just a reminder from the first post that set the terms for this topic -

"Sexual and bodily function answers are not allowed. Not because we're prudes, but because as geezers, we've already heard them all. So let's be more creative, positive, and happy."

so lets continue this happy exploration into the geezer years! :)

An old Geezer is on a cruise ship and wanders up to the bar and asks for a scotch with two drops of water. As the bartender gives him the drink he says, "I'm on the cruise to celebrate my 80th birthday and it's today."
The bartender says "Well, since it's your birthday, I'll buy you a drink...... in fact, this one is on me."

As the geezer finishes his drink, a woman to his right says, "I would like to buy you a drink too."

The geezer says, "Thank you. Bartender, I want a scotch with two drops of water." "Coming up," says the bartender. As he finishes his drink, a man to his left says, "I would like to buy you one too."

The geezer says, "Thank you. Bartender, I would like another scotch with two drops of water." "Comin' right up," the bartender says. As he gives him the drink he says, "Sir, I'm dying of curiosity. Why the Scotch with only two drops of water?"

The old boy replies, "Sonny, when you're my age, you learn how to hold your liquor. Water, however, is a whole other issue."

A few months ago I thought I would fire up the turntable
and play one of my favorite Dave Brubeck vinyl records
"Jazz Impressions of the US". It's one of his first recordings from about 1954.
Years ago my daughter found the old vinyl record and gave it to me.
All was good in the world,I put the record on the turntable pressed play,
arm went down, music started.

As I listened the record seemed to not last as long as it should.
No big deal, I continued my work turned the record over when side one finished.
Listening to side two also seemed to go quickly also.

After the music finished I realized I had been listening to the music at the wrong speed, 45 instead of 33.
So I changed speed and now all was good with the world.

I guess at our age Jazz pretty much sounds the same at any speed.
Frank

You kno0w you're a geezer when...................................your wife finds your cell phone buried in the truck's center console, turns it on, and busies herself deleting six to seven months worth of messages.
"I only turn the thing on if I need to call somebody," I said. "i haven't needed to call anyone."

...............................when you are returning from a hike, you look down on the busy tailhead parking lot, and say out loud, "Look, someone has a truck and camper just like ours!"

Salt-Point-Jan-2019-013-copy.jpg

ski3pin said:
...............................when you are returning from a hike, you look down on the busy tailhead parking lot, and say out loud, "Look, someone has a truck and camper just like ours!"

Salt-Point-Jan-2019-013-copy.jpg
And it even has a shovel on top, just like ours.

A youngster asks for $20 if they guess your birthdate. You say sure, they state your birthday, you hand over $20 and ask how they did it and they state "you told me yesterday."

Back
Top Bottom